signal problems

hi all i am new here and been reading though lots of threads

recently got a h2h box to replace the h2s one I am having a lot of glitching problems on all channels inc fta with and out the line on
I have a 5-1000mhz splitter and tried a different cable and still no joy
could anyone help me out
running openatv6.0 vm
thanks

Couldn't find 5-1000 lab gear on screw fix, all my leads are build into the wall but I did buy a new one and still glitching even on the fta ones
I have been told to buy a 12db attenuator and see if that works if not try the Konig 29db booster
Can you see this helping ? I am not sure how to check my signal strength

It's the 5-2400mhz one from Screwfix > http://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-2-way-splitter-with-power-pass-all-ports/99105

It's outside the specified range that VM use but I have used several without issues so you could give it a try - can't be any worse than those eagle ones you're using, they're really poor quality.

An attenuator will only help if your signal level is too high as they lower your power levels.

An official VM HDU unit is supposed to get your signal levels the exact spec for running through VM equipment.

You can check your power levels by logging into your router.

Power levels are too low... -6 is the lowest end of the threshold as it should be between -6 and +10 ... You definitely don't need an attenuator. Change splitter, check connections and see how you go. Poor quality long cable runs wont help either.

A quick call to VM and they would have looked into the level issue at the cabinet then you could have potentially saved yourself £40 :)

Back