Single Sat tuner but i needed two! Am i stuck?

RiddleDBC

Stupid noob mistake, but I hadn't considered that I'd require TWO satellite tuners in order to watch and record something else at the same time before buying the H2H. Obviously i should have gone for the H2S but it's too late now.

Is there any way you can convert the 2nd LNB from the satellite and plug it in to the DVB-C/T tuner and still receive a signal?

Would an IPTV sub allow me to record one programme while watching another in the same way as having two physical tuners?

The tuners cost like 30£ odd not really worth changing

So you don’t need cable then?
Just sell and buy another they don’t cost that much these days

I think a few people have converted H2S to H2H. Maybe you can buy a sat tuner from someone if you post in the 'items wanted' section.

..... or connect a terrestrial aerial lead and configure the cable tuner as DVB-T Freeview.

Thanks chaps, i think i'll just bite the bullet and get hold of an H2S and flog the H2H. I'll have to smuggle in the additional package from the misses to save face!!

Thanks chaps, i think i'll just bite the bullet and get hold of an H2S and flog the H2H. I'll have to smuggle in the additional package from the misses to save face!!

be careful smuggling boxes in your trousers as your wife might want to know about your addon package:(y):

Stupid noob mistake, but I hadn't considered that I'd require TWO satellite tuners in order to watch and record something else at the same time before buying the H2H. Obviously i should have gone for the H2S but it's too late now.

Is there any way you can convert the 2nd LNB from the satellite and plug it in to the DVB-C/T tuner and still receive a signal?

Would an IPTV sub allow me to record one programme while watching another in the same way as having two physical tuners?
I have an h2s cause there was no cable in my area at the time, now I have cable and I bought a Formuler F1 box with twin sat tuner plus a dvb-c tuner built in now my h2s is redundant, if you wanna swap for your H2h, bud I would like to see my H2s going to a good home.

Cheers

Back