Sky Atlantic gone?

I have just turned on Sky Atlantic and it is not clearing. Sky Atlantic +1 clears fine but the normal Sky Atlantic remains black.

I have rescanned all the channels and run the auto bouquet maker but to no avail. I haven't read anywhere that it is down so it must be something I have not done but I am scratching my head.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks for confirming that Sky Atlantic is still on. I did a factory reset and deleted the Bouquets before the rescan. Nothing worked.

Thanks for giving the the frequenecy. I will try and do a manual scan on that and see if it shows up.

Edit: Could the problem be similar to the 'no signal' that affected the old Skybox F5s? WHich required the signal fix? Does anyone know if the zgemma suffer from this problem?

Also, what setting should the LNB's be at to receive SKY? I have diseqc enabled. What are the standard settings? I have done something wrong and I am thinking maybe it is the way I have configured LNB A and B.

Last edited:
Don't need Diseqc enabled.
Try downloading the plugin autoboquets 28.2 and run a scan using that. When you open it press menu and pick your area then run the scan. go back to your tv guide and this will show up as 28.2 bouquets.

Don't need Diseqc enabled.
Try downloading the plugin autoboquets 28.2 and run a scan using that. When you open it press menu and pick your area then run the scan. go back to your tv guide and this will show up as 28.2 bouquets.

I will give that a go when I get home, thanks for the advice mate.

I've also had a few issues with this, sometimes it's fine and sometimes it like you say black screen not clearing, I've tried the obvious as well

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Automatic scan

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Start scan
Reboot

---------- Post Merged at 11:59 PM ----------

The no signal fix doesnt affect these boxs.

guys feel bit of a noob today !!, just powered up my zgemma for first time in weeks, now i kn ow a lot of channels have changed recently, but i cant remember how to scan and update them on this

tried the above and im only getting FTA by looks of it everything else just blank, my supplier and details in mcamd look fine ?

If you have followed Sucmnsee's steps in post 8 then it could be an issue with your line or you need to restart the CAM

hmmmm line is fine all users reporting no issues from suppliers, checked my newcamd.list and thats fine

i deleted boquets then did exactly as above..

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Automatic scan

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Start scan
Reboot

also restarted the mgcamd 1.38

still only fta ? get black screen on anything else

also rebooted router and check on my line server and im showing connected so its got to be something silly just cant see what

Last edited:
is box connected to network? try the network test and if needed reboot box and router,then maybe restart cam if needed.

is box connected to network? try the network test and if needed reboot box and router,then maybe restart cam if needed.

yes and done that but still no luck i must have done something in a setting but cant see anything obvious

im using mgcamd rather than cccam if that makes any difference ?

you ran a network test on the box and all green ticks?stop the cam/start the cam?

you see is the active=mgcamd 1.38
selectgreen tickmgcamd 1.38

Last edited:
you ran a network test on the box and all green ticks?stop the cam/start the cam?

you see is the active=mgcamd 1.38
selectgreen tickmgcamd 1.38

yes all green ticks and stop started cam

---------- Post Merged at 09:40 PM ----------

UPDATE

managed to get going again with CCcam so looks like its a problem with mgcamd, how do i reset that ?

newcamdlist that mgcamd reads is fine

i aways say to people if getting a nline use mgcamd and newcamd.list only
if using a cline use cccam only.
maybe you have both cams on box and forgot which one your using,if cccam works make sure mgcamd 1.38 is unticked.

yes i was only running nline with mgcamd and newcamd.list only

there seems to be a problem with the mgcamd serice /plugin as the newcamd list is same as was (correct)

only added ccam to test that and it works so proves issue is with mgcamd

how can i remove the mgcamd and reinstall or do i have to to a reinstall from scratch ?

anyone had this problem before ? could it be the mgcfg file but havent changed that

Last edited:
Plugins
Red to remove plugins
Cams
Mgcamd1.38 and I'd take all others out too.

Delete your mg_cfg and newcamd.list out of the box too so fresh.
Can get another pair from here. Confirmed working
mgcamd1.38 & cccam2.3 & all files - Downloads - TechKings

Just edit that newcamd.list line 2 to look like your line. Dont replace it wirh ur newcamd.
Working 1.38 ipk also in above download so u can install it through install local extensions.

Last edited:
thanks sucmnsee tried that and still same issue, wont run when using mgcamd

took out both ccam and mgcamd
removed mgcfg and newcamdlist from var/keys

rebooted box, installed the cams again via download plugin
copied over the files from above link and then edited

my newcamdlist reads as

edited usr nsme and pass t for puting up here :) and tried same with my other line provider still same result ccams fine mgcamd not working
but have been few weeks ago when last used box, both providers support nlines and mgcamd

anything else you can think might be wrong ? or is it start from fresh flash now ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did u use the newcamd and mg_cfg as a pair from download and just edited line two leaving line one the same?
And dont include lan server 1

---------- Post Merged at 11:02 PM ----------

CWS = xxxxxxxx.com 12000 user-10980 168248 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
CWS = xxxxxxxxxx.ddns.net 48723 xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Last edited by a moderator:
Back