sky broadband so so slow

dianered

hi all ive just come back from my mums who has sky internet which she said runs really slow well ive been down today and my god its so slow there is no way you can download anythink the modem is in the living room as is the laptop???? I have rang sky today with really no help at all givein please can anyone help

have you tried the old fashioned powering off at rear for a few mins then on as that be all thats needed

Also the next time your there go here and do a speedtest.

Code:
http://www.speedtest.net/

Post back the results in here.

Thread moved.

hi yes i have done on and off but no look am here now its took about half an hour to get on the internet? ive just done the speed test its Ping 447ms download speed 0.08mbps and upload speed 0.08mbps this just cannot be right please any help with this at all

deffo problems there anything downloading on other connections taking up bandwidth,look at hitecks shows it on turbo fast mode,maybe a setting to tweak,would be contacting them on those results.

no nothing at all just been intouch with sky they have checked everthink and everythink seems to be ok but my broadband speed is a little down well come on thats a laugh my speed now is ping 116 download speed 0.18 upload speed 0.27 still not good enough at all they told me i should be getting at least 4.oo speeds???? any help there is only one phone socket in the house and thats the one they use also no other devices ie ps3 nothink at all

so its on the line provider that owns the line,same idea over here,eircom own the line and rent it out to say vodafone ,took 2 weeks to get the business phone back,and with eircom they came next day lol.
so who owns the line for phone.

I had the same problem .
My sky bb was ok for about 2 months then once a day it would slow down to VERY low dial up speed 10KBS but a reeboot fixed it and i would be back at 5mbps.
Then it started every day but would not go any faster even after a reeboot.
Phoned sky who were no good i was at the end of my contract so went to talktalk fibre medium for £5pcm and its been sound so far.

andy

Back