Sky Satellite Cables and Accessing chanels on the blade box

AYOOBW

Hi all
I have a quick question I am hoping someone can assist me with. I have recently bought a blade box and am having problems accessing all the channels. I currently have 2 cables coming to my sky box. If I pick any of them and put them into the blade box into LNB input socket then I get certain number of channels (i.e sky sports 2 but not sky sports HD). If I put the same cable into the LNB loop socket i get some of the missing channels (i.e sky sports 2 HD but not sky sports 2). A similar issues persists with the movie channels. Can anyone help please?

Thank you

Hi all
I have a quick question I am hoping someone can assist me with. I have recently bought a blade box and am having problems accessing all the channels. I currently have 2 cables coming to my sky box. If I pick any of them and put them into the blade box into LNB input socket then I get certain number of channels (i.e sky sports 2 but not sky sports HD). If I put the same cable into the LNB loop socket i get some of the missing channels (i.e sky sports 2 HD but not sky sports 2). A similar issues persists with the movie channels. Can anyone help please?

Thank you

Cant help you out , except just buy a line then get all the channels save a lot of hassle

For some reason it sounds like the LNB isn't switching
For starters, go through the setup menu and make sure that 13/18V switching is enabled and 22 hz, make sure things like DiSEqC is off

The fact that you get different channels with each feed cables suggests the LNB is either faulty or it's a fixed polarity one [not likely]
Make sure there is nothing else connected to the LNB apart from one feed cable down to the Sky box and see if you have the same problem on that.
If you do, the LNB is faulty, if it works fine with one cable in the Sky box, the Blade box is either faulty or has a setup issue.

the loop socket only works when you put 2 boxes linked as 1 to use 1 dish on both boxes 1on standby use other 1 vice a versa not for straight connection to a dish

Thank you all - it appears that I had a faulty LNB - many thanks for all the replies - greatly appreciated.

Back