Sky to end Dish installations and go online.

This isn’t new information. I’m sure it was posted some time last year that this was going to happen. Though I didn’t see anything that said dish installs would end - just that this is an option for people who can’t have them.

Fox do this in Australia I believe so it’s not a massive shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I had heard previous stories about it but nothing definitive. The new Now TV stick you can take anywhere is new news to me.

That specific detail is, but as said it doesn’t seem to say they’re not sticking dishes up anymore. They’re just making their content available to people who were previously unable to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All its basically saying is that it's for people who couldn't have sky before and for existing customers who dosnt want to have a sky dish up its been going around for some time but have they thought about freesat side of things as your dish uses comes in handy for that

I know someone that works for sky and he said they are only going dishless for places where dishes are not allowed,other than that dishes will still be used.This is so
sky can get ever more money out of people , the greedy b........

They don't like the competition from things like amazon TV makes you wonder how it would actually work if it was through your broadband what if there was a fault you would be without tv lol

Think on this---if you take the smallest option without the dish and own an android to watch the sport, what happens if they attempt to block----could really be interesting.
Reaper.

Yeah, as mentioned old news.
This is to get round all the local planning laws that ban unsightly satellite dishes - no more no less to be honest.
The broadband infrastructure in 70 to 90% of Scotland for example couldnt support Sky's plan - there will always be dishes where possible until our infrastructure gets into the 21st century.

In an be ideal world it would be fantastic if geoblocking was removed and other sats offered a streaming service but that ant ever going to happen as it would mean cheaper subs to watch live 3pm. I have a motorised dish but reliable streaming would be far better.

Back