Skybox f3 set up guide tutorial

Press Ok on your remote then group(red button) then All

or

Press Ok on your remote then group(red button) then Favourites.
The channels will split into films, sports, kids, HD etc.

hi there i`m new at this and i bought a skybox f3 from a guy and it works ok i can watch most of the channels but i have a problem with freezing, and i was wondering since i haven`t seen any clines or flines that my be the problem. i would love it if anyone got a better step by step guide on how to upgrade f3

---------- Post Merged at 12:55 PM ----------

hi there i`m new at this and i bought a skybox f3 from a guy and it works ok i can watch most of the channels but i have a problem with freezing, and i was wondering since i haven`t seen any clines or flines that my be the problem. i would love it if anyone got a better step by step guide on how to upgrade f3

I am a very new member Just joined. This is all very interesting. Can someone tell me if Skybox F5 is the same as Skybox F3. And it there any manuals that i can download. Thanks....

When creating your .cfg file for the USB
in notepad or wordpad look out for this little problem.

It's related to post 10 in this thread

Files.jpg

If i create a file on my desktop computer, it has the type ".cfg"
in either wordpad or notepad. Like the one on the left.

If I do it on my laptop it creates the file ".txt" like the one on the right.

It's just the one on the left loads by USB into an F5 box no probs
but the one on the right won't read in.

Check the properties on the file you have created.

If you get this problem when you save the file, down the bottom of the
screen in notepad change the file type to "ALL"

Last edited:
I did this last night.

Create a notepad file CCcam.cfg and enter (copy-paste) the C or N line. Save the file. Goto Start-->Control Panel--> Folder Options-->View and 'un-check' Hide extension for known file types. Click Ok. When you go back to the file that you just created, you will see that its CCcam.cfg.txt. Click on the file, press F2 and delete the .txt. Now the file has the current syntax.

You guys are trying to make this harder than it is. Just create the file in notepad then choose save as, choose "file type" as "all files" and name it CCcam.cfg Simples ;)

Sorry fecker, can't agree, I tried both in XP and windows 7 to do Just what you said send it didn't get recognized on my laptop.
I used about 10 different things to no avail, I had someone e-mail me a blank .cfg document, inserted my line and bingo. DONE
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Works fine with me, make sure you are using notepad and call the file CCcam.cfg

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    264 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
New...Gonna try

Hi Guys.

I'm new to this and have ordered an F3 box (read conflicting views on the F5, so thought i'd play safe to start)

At the moment it looks and sounds a bit complicated to do for a new guy, i'm hoping its just me being a bit dumb, and not understanding all the jargon yet. (cline .t.c.) but gonna give it a go.

Is there anything i need to take extra care in doing so as not to brick the box or anything?

thanks in advance.

put on a pre-made channel list seems some people bricking boxes when doing a blind scan for channels. make sure you use fat32 formatted usb stick(give it a full format first with pc) NEVER SWITCH OFF BOX DURING ANY CHANNEL SCANNING OR UPDATING!! this will brick it. if you have brought a box without a gift(cline) then you will only be able to view free channels untill you are connected to a cline.

Thank you sb18189.

so all i should need to do manually (as such) is put a channel list on, rather than doing a scan for channels. then when i get a subscription, input the cline, then all the channels that are available for that package should work?

---------- Post Merged at 09:35 AM ----------

Hi again sb.

just seen your PM, but as yet i cant reply cos i havent got enough posts. but thank you very much for the info. i will certainly check that out

ok np. yes thats basically it channel list and cline both done with usb stick. you can also update the box software(firmware) this is also done via usb. good luck but its a 5min job to get up and running.

i would just like to thank sb18180 for his help and advice and recommendation.

i'm all up and running, everything works and i didnt brick the box (!)

Back