Skybox f3 setup

tedley

Hi,
I am in the process of moving from cable to Skybox f3, but I am struggling to get the thing set up. I thought I knew enough about boxes, but how wrong can I be. Is there anywhere I can get a 'Dummies guide' telling me the whole process. I have put up the dish and connected up the box and tried to instal firmware, but think I must trying to load the wrong thing to the wrong place. Help!!!!!
Seriously , any help will be sincerely appreciated. Many thanks

Setup what sat u want to scan do a scan dont try and put new firmware on the box,i see so many people trying to put a new image on and they dont even no if there box is any good,if your box is new test it first and u may find it works well with out having to reload it.

I heard if they are sold with "a full sky uk channel list"
you only have to put in your cline

if you are changing stuff in the menu options make sure you press exit and don't just back out of the option as changes will not be saved.

Hi, thanks for help so far , but I am still having no luck. I was getting 95% signal, now this is only 45%. I have loaded firmware from skybox, and a trial cline. Serched for channels on 28.2 and got loads. if I try to select one, I get 'no signal message'. I have tried also to load sc ooby do firmware and get the message 'mismatched file'. I keep reading that these are easy to set up - I must be more stupid than I thought. Help pleeeeease!!!

Hi,
Thanks for reply. I thought I had the correct firmware but I'll try again - scooby snacks.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Back