SKYBOX F5S Freezing

Here you go a post I did on another thread yesterday, this works as I personally have fixed my own box by using it.

The file that you are using when flashing the box with when using your rs232 file. take a copy of it and paste it into the folder where your lan tool exe is.

Your file maybe call something like this SKYBOX_F3S_F5S_3601HD_CMT_14041006DA.abs

Make sure your box is in standby mode

connect with your box using the lan tool.

open the Kennel file on the right window and copy the image.abs file across using the arrow to your computer. Now rename that file on your computer to imageold.abs

Now rename the SKYBOX_F3S_F5S_3601HD_CMT_14041006DA.abs to image.abs

click the kennel file in the left window and move the image.abs to your box

box should reboot.

then add channel list again in stand by mode using the lan tool.

Last edited:
Leader, you nailed it.:yes!:
I put the box in standby mode, loaded the firmware, three blank configuration files. Then booted the machine, put it on standby again, and loaded a channel configuration file and this time the box stopped freezing.
Maybe I was being thick but I was using the LAN TOOL while the box was on, and I think the secret is performing all these processes with the machine´s on standby. I didn't realize that you could interact with the machine while on standby.
I might be wrong but I think it doesn't really matter which version of firmware you use. Just be sure that you use the LAN TOOL while on standby mode.

Thanks again Leader and all those generous people with their suggestions.

It might be a good idea to have a warning sticky post regarding the LAN TOOL and its possible malfunctions.

sorry guys i am a newbe to all of this my picture is freezing . what is a lan tool and is there a step by step guide in what to down load and a video showing you how you done it

Last edited:
I cannot connect to box whilst it's in Standy? So how are you doing this please?

My box (F5s) was all working ok ...untill I upgraded the firmware ...and now it's doing all sorts of funny things :(

ok - I take that back.

I can connect to the box whilst in Standby mode ...but even though I have followed the steps above ....it's still freezing :(

However, it only seems to freeze if the LNB (Sat) cable is plugged in.... if the cable is not plugged in ...then the box doesn't crash??

i have the same probleme that satnaam,since i try to modify the ccam.cfg, i try all solutions i found here and nothing was good...

I have exact same problem. I bought 5 boxes, 3 were fine but i have this problem with 2 of them :|

Edit

I seem to have fixed the problem... for some reason when I create the Cccam files with notepad i get this error but when i create them with Notepad++ it works. Don't ask me why.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, i have same problem as many people have mentioned earlier.
Firstly the box was stuck on L0093. I got it flashed and it now boot up properly.
Second problem - on connecting LNB, after 5 -10 seconds the box freezes OR sometimes keeps on rebooting until it freezes.
Tried the LAN tool method mentioned above, but nothing works.
Third problem - Box stays on Load and some number when restart after few hours. So to get it started have to flash it again.

Is there any other solution.
Box is Skybox F5S.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I had a similair issue and narowed it down to my sat cable coax connections.......it seemed that it was loose and for some reason shorting....

Stripped them off and used new ones which were more secure without any exposed wires......

Back