SKYBOX F5S Freezing

Think I'm gonna send back for a refund and spend a bit more on a better box, I've seen a lot of problems on this forum with the F5S!

Or just try to find another M3 again

no, its not problems with the box, its the user 90% of the time in reguards to scrambled channels or set up wrong

i have used many and updated and had no problem at all.

Just people moaning about buying cheap and getting cheap. you take it as a cheap box to watch tv that's it. don't rely on apps , just tv channels and if you moan you have yourself to blame ( all users )

but for this price it's a quality box! i wasn't complaining as i said i owned a Skybox M3 for 2 years and it was trouble free! amazing box! i just sold it to my mate for £30 as i thought i'd be clever and get this newer version which has the 7 day EPG function.

Someone has Pm'd me a link to a website where this issue is quite common with this box and I'm glad it's not just me having the problem! something to do with a corrupt file.

It's a firmware issue and the memory leaking or something.

I'm just having a read through the thread now. the thread is on DS so i didn't want to post it on here.

---------- Post Merged at 11:53 AM ----------

Ok this is what I'm copying this from Libertyview forum.

FREEZING FIX:

" I've found the problem and the fix
smiley.gif

The LAN tool must write the configuration files to the wrong place and/or corrupts them too.

A factory reset and file deletion does not erase these corrupted files. A simple replacement via USB does not work either.

Thanks to the hint from "bigade1" on another forum, I had another try with the LAN tool and discovered that the const.cw file (which I had deleted numerous times) was still in place and contained data.

Using the LAN tool I downloaded it, erased all the data and then uploaded the empty file again using LAN tool. I suspect this may be all that is needed.

However, for completeness I also reloaded the firmware from 21.08.13 and a new channel list, connected the LNB and it all works!!!

So "what killed it, fixed it".

No thanks for no help from Libertview developers
sad.gif
"

I will now try this when I get home! I brought the box in with me to work to send back to the seller haha....

BIG THANKS to Kremmen!! :)

Libertyview is the re branded box name

it was stated here a few weeks ago about updating channel lists via the lan tool can give you a problem or a loop bug.
I posted have done over 500 without any problems at all, so maybe a libertyview thing and not a skybox ( even we know are the same)

but glad you posted, can you confirm you sorted your box?

strange they talk about const.cw. as that is to do with bliss keys on some boxes

Last edited:
Libertyview is the re branded box name

it was stated here a few weeks ago about updating channel lists via the lan tool can give you a problem or a loop bug.
I posted have done over 500 without any problems at all, so maybe a libertyview thing and not a skybox ( even we know are the same)

but glad you posted, can you confirm you sorted your box?

strange they talk about const.cw. as that is to do with bliss keys on some boxes

Well I upgraded the firmware as usual via a USB pen then the sea lion by Lan Tool.

Also did the Aj list by USB too.

No I'm at work at the moment i brought the box in with me to send back to the seller but now il take it back home and have another tinker with it now :)

Last edited:
SUCCESS!!! working :)

here is a simpler way of doing it:

Erase all from box, by factory reset.
Erase Channel List just to be sure.

Reboot Box.

Then Connect using LAN TOOL

In the mean time, using Notepad++ create a empty file called "constant." the . file is the first selection in notepad++, save it on desktop (or whereever). Then change the extension of the file to .cw

After drop the file into lan tool folder. and FTP to box.

After all this, I installed AJsat channel list, Once again reboot.
Connect LNB.

then Transfer the special files ;)

Just to add I tried adding specials files using LAN tools. Big mistake!

Had to start over again.

I started with the oldest firmware then copied over blank copies of constant.cw and the ccam file as they need to be blank.

Once this was done I put Ajsat list on using USB not LAN tool. And worked.

Then updated to latest firmware via USB too and then the special file Via USB and I did it with LAN tools before and It just messed up the box again.

So do everything via USB.

Now I have a fully working box with 7 day epg and Picons :).

I have tried the above method using a blank constant file.
I tried using the image from my other healthy F5s.
I tried the latest firmware.
I tried the oldest firmware.
I tried the RS232 reflash
and NO joy....as soon as the LNB is connected the OSD freezes,ignores remote then 10-20 secs later the picture freezes.

I made a post on another thread called:
"Skybox F5s Crashing 10 Seconds after boot" (you'll need to search for it as i cant post links just yet) as i had exactly the same issue.
Mine happened because i was using a WIFI connection from the LAN tool to the box. By using a RJ45 and following the steps above, i fixed it.
Might be worth a shot?

Greetings everyone,

I tried to upgrade my box using the network tool and got the doomed 30 second freeze as soon as i plug the lnb cable. I have tried all the steps described in this post and the problem persists. . Three different firmwares tried and all possible combinations of files overwritten.
Any suggestion would be welcomed

Back