skybox no sig fix good but not for ibox 2 plus? !?!

sucmnsee

TK Veteran
Hi guys
I really am at a loss and have wasted hours and pounds trying to fix with no success.
Guy has strange quad lnb on his dish. About 3"x6" sitting at 90° angle to normal. Apparently changed 18months ago when multiroom installed by reg sky guy.
When I try skybox without no signal fix doesnt work. With no signal fix its fine.
When I try ibox 2 plus without no signal fix doesnt work. With no signal fix it still doesnt work. Says no tune. But on WAY more than just Vertical channels I think. Nearly all sky channels not tuning. But their 2 sky+HD boxs are fine.
Im in their main room so leave quickly after trying different settings with no luck. Taken up 3 hours their time already. Its getting embarrassing. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any help guys.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the iBox, but did you try it on it's own, with all other boxes disconnected from the LNB? You would then know for certain whether it's the other boxes affecting it, or whether there's a problem with the iBox.

I tried it with all others turned off at wall but not disconnected. Figured that should be enough. Am i wrong? Im thinking is there a setting in the ibox that needs changed when using the no signal fix?
Theres a hell of a lot of settings available for satellite and lnb and DisqEc etc. And voltage stuff. I just have on simple and auto. Tried changing some but no idea what im changing so backed off

---------- Post Merged at 12:42 PM ----------

I don't know anything about the iBox, but did you try it on it's own, with all other boxes disconnected from the LNB? You would then know for certain whether it's the other boxes affecting it, or whether there's a problem with the iBox.
And I appreciate the help dude

Last edited:
Perhaps you could list all the LNB settings that the iBox is currently set to?
It may well throw something up to one of us, I understand general sat systems pretty well but don't have any experience of the iBox specifically so it's difficult to advise without the details.

I tried it with all others turned off at wall but not disconnected. Figured that should be enough...

Yep. That should have been enough.

Has this box ever been used any where else, on another dish?

When you say that the LNB is 90° angle to normal, do you mean that it looks like this:-

Quad 4 Way LNB Sky Dish Compatible | eBay

YES! Thats the lnb! And box works fine in my house.

---------- Post Merged at 06:17 PM ----------

Perhaps you could list all the LNB settings that the iBox is currently set to?
It may well throw something up to one of us, I understand general sat systems pretty well but don't have any experience of the iBox specifically so it's difficult to advise without the details.
I will post details after work dude thanks

---------- Post Merged at 06:31 PM ----------

And just as an add on... we will be ordering an 8way lnb for them next week. Are there any to go for or avoid? Thanks again

Last edited:
These are pics of settings as they are in my house. Except the lnb1 pic. Its just to show more options. The more you change the more options become available. Sorry it may not be enough info.

Attachments

• 20140412_211952.jpg
    20140412_211952.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20140412_212004.jpg
    20140412_212004.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20140412_212015.jpg
    20140412_212015.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20140412_212044.jpg
    20140412_212044.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20140412_212114.jpg
    20140412_212114.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20140412_212127.jpg
    20140412_212127.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 20
Strange. If you set it up previously at your house, then it should be OK somewhere else.

Were all the FTA channels working at the other place, or was it a mixture of FTA & $ channels that didn't work?

I assume that the satellite setting was set to 28.2e & not 19e (as shown in last pic) when tried at the other place.

If it works at your place 100% but doesn't work at the other place - with nothing else connected - then it must be an issue with the LNB
You need to be absolutely sure that it's a straight downlead from the dish, no splitters, gadgets or gizmos because something is causing the issue on the feed.

Yes set at mine and no good at his with identical setup. The simple setting says 28.2E but when I change the simple to advanced its auto changed to 19e. But as it was left on simple I doubt that was the problem.
I really am at a loss here. Anyone know what the advanced settings would be for ibox 2 plus and I could set 1 box with them and bring it too.
And thanks

---------- Post Merged at 07:30 PM ----------

Strange. If you set it up previously at your house, then it should be OK somewhere else.

Were all the FTA channels working at the other place, or was it a mixture of FTA & $ channels that didn't work?

I assume that the satellite setting was set to 28.2e & not 19e (as shown in last pic) when tried at the other place.

I think all fta ok all sky not ok. But not 100% sure. Going back Weds but would like to go back with an answer this time. Feeling like a t**t lol

---------- Post Merged at 07:32 PM ----------

Either way I had to get a no signal fix to make a f5s work. But if its ONLY pay scrambled and not related to H/Vert what else could it be? Something in service searching settings?
And ive also been told no signal fix not relevant to ibox 2 plus now.

Last edited:
skybox has the signal fix on to work box works ok,changing box to other make remove the signal fix,bloody skyboxes are nothing but problems that everybody want but wont research before buying,getting any other make of box and autoscan your sat then recheck channels work.

sky+hd and skyboxes can have issues and lnb may have to be changed to allow both to work and each box needs its own cables.

Yeh. Tried with and without fix. Scanning both times. But when I scan I lose lots of channels in list/bouquet etc. They just say (n/a).
Im starting to worry as I thought someone would have looked and went "yeh! That happened to me and all you have to do is........." lol lol lol

Im actually going to set up a third box to bring from the most recent zeus build. Just in case my suppliers sly image has an inherent fault. If it does im kicking him in da goolies!! lol lol

what goolies he sold em lol,try scanning on a different room or sat cable in case one is faulty,:eyes:correct sat?
zeus is for original models is yours if not continue recycling boxes lol

Had zeus on before. Heard I might not be able to flash from earlier vix to zeus but give it a go tomorrow.

---------- Post Merged at 10:39 PM ----------

what goolies he sold em lol,try scanning on a different room or sat cable in case one is faulty,:eyes:correct sat?
zeus is for original models is yours if not continue recycling boxes lol

Feed works fine on skybox (with no sig fix) and slybox+hd. Odd as fk

Definitely true. But I was on a very tight budget at start. And suppose I still am so am only on the ibox. But I do plan on going all the way to the duo 2 but have to see whats best bang for buck along the way ;-)

...I think all fta ok all sky not ok. But not 100% sure. Going back Weds but would like to go back with an answer this time...

The reason I asked about all FTA channels working & all $ channels not working, is that I am wondering if there is an IP problem. Perhaps it's a network problem?

Although it works at your place, when you take it somewhere else, the box's IP address might be clashing with something else.

Does the iBox have a DHCP setting like the Skybox? If so, is it set to ON?

Also, does the iBox have a You Tube app like the Skybox, as that's a good way of testing the network connection.

That may be something. Theres lots of comps and ps3 and xbox. But bringing 3 boxs so that should rule that out

Would that make them come up no tune though rather than just there but not unscrambled?

That may be something. Theres lots of comps and ps3 and xbox. But bringing 3 boxs so that should rule that out

Would that make them come up no tune though rather than just there but not unscrambled?

Hmm..that's a good point.

I take it that when you have no feed connected it says "no tune", & when it's on a $ channel with no network lead it says "scrambled" or something similar? Not having an iBox, I don't know what messages you get on screen for different situations.

If that's the case then ignore my previous post. It was just something that I thought might be different between the 2 locations.

Back