Sky's SR102 Router

Hi there guys, I done an installation of a Openbox V5s (done about 10 so far) but they guy had a really poor quality line in which I advised him to call ISP and have them investigate. He had a [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Sagem 2504N which worked in that the openbox connected to the providers server ok but it was really bad line and would constantly go offline and back on every minute. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Well instead of fixing the ADSL line they (SKY) sold him a fibre line and sent him a new SR102 router with perfect connection and speeds. The problem is now that the openbox WONT connect to the providers server at all! I have manually opened the ports on the router for the connection to the server both incoming and outgoing but still nothing. I spend 2 hours with my provider on the phone trying to get it to connect but nothing at all, so obviously it worked on the old router just really bad, and not on the new router at all.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Has anyone had any issues with the new SKY SR102 router like this? Anything advise on what do to. My only option is really for him to buy a new router of his own and manually configure it with the PPoE settings.

The box works fine by the way, i tested it on my own house. I even took my box up to his and tried it on there but not a single connection.
[/FONT]

I have that router with no issues, try turning DHCP on and off in the V5S's network menu sometimes it gets confused with different networks, could be something like old router gave an IP of 192.168.1.10 and new one 192.168.0.10, different DHCP server...
Is the box connected to the web...I.E. does you tube work?

Changed DHCP settings, statically assigned IP also didnt work, no youtube would not work either. I work in IT and know a thing or 2 about networking...If i removed the box from the ethernet connection and plugged a laptop on there was full network connectivity, this was the same result with a skybox F5S and an Openbox Vs5

There has been the odd openbox with faulty ethernet socket, can you try a USB dongle? Is the green/yellow in the ethernet socket coming on?

Openbox works 100% when I took it home and connected into my own router, was plug and play. I stated that neither my own skybox or his openbox would work at his house on his ethernet connection/router (SR102 only).

Thats the puzzling part.

Have you confirmed that the V5s is showing in the connected devices menu in the router?

Back