Sly (official) box quick question

I'm aware of end to CS and the way forward being iptv etc, but wanted to know about the following:

if i buy a official sly box from ebay for example, will i get all the FTA/freeview channels? this includes the dozens of 'free' asian channels that come with a sly box.

or will i only get the bare minimum bbc/itv etc? due to viewing card nonsense?

need a simple box where all the FTA channels work, for my old man who is far from tech savy and would therefore benefit from the official boxes.
help much appreciated

Agree with cactikid, buy a genuine Freesat box, much simpler to use rather than sifting through pages of channels you can't get

Agree with cactikid, buy a genuine Freesat box, much simpler to use rather than sifting through pages of channels you can't get

i have a freesat box a humax one, my understanding is these do not have all those FTA asian channels you get with Sky.
These incudes various faith channels, news channels etc.

cactkid - the channels i am referring to are not mentioned on freesat website which has a full list however they are "free to air" channels on sky
lukieno1 thanks for this mate i will try this now.
Both of you are legends for the fast help provided.

those channels pay sky to be in their epg but they don't pay freesat. They're all there, you just need to scan for them. If you can't find them just search "*channel name* freesat" in google and it will usually give you the transponder details to scan for that channel

If we've helped don't forget to give us a like ;)

I am scanning now and googling away too (learning a lot!) - think i am running a scan which is pulling out subscription encrypted channels too (BeeT Sport etc) so will play around and hopefully figure it out :) may just have saved me a lot of bother and cash.

problem with using a sky box is you just get hundreds of pages of channels that you can't get, it gets tedious scrolling through them all the time, at least with the Humax once you find the channels you can edit it to only show the ones you want

Got the channels - it annoyingly doesnt let you make favourite lists when in non freesat mode...so i can sit there for ages and move channels about, or just delete the ones i dont want manually,but not set them in a list.
Still, i have the channels it seems, thanks a lot guys!

Whilst on the humax topic - i currently have one feed going into the box but the box has 2 LBN IN ports - does using both simply mean i can then watch one channel whilst recording another ?

Usually if you have the humax's configured for single feed you have to completely factory reset them for it to configure itself for 2 feeds

And it's usually the outside ports, the centre one is a loop out

Back