Slyk 1 keypress timer and jump to channel in EPG

p17blo

I have a couple of question about the (AMAZING) Slyk 1 skin -

1) Can I adjust the keypress time when typing in a channel. It's often a little too short for me to get the 3rd digit in and I'd just like to extend that a little
2) When in EPG mode, is there any way to show and type channel numbers in just like you can in the Sky EPG? ie, press EPG, type 520 to jump straight to the listings starting at channel 520

Many thanks in advance

Paul

download extnumberzap and have a play with the settings in that
plugins...download plugins...systemplugins...extnumberzap

as for the using keypad for epg you cannot do this be default as the numbers are mapped to do various things.

If you download the 3rd party component in my skin extras folder for the sky epg tabs. In this code this overrides these buttons so you can type in a number on the epg instead.

Last edited:
Cool. Thanks kindac. I'll give that a try. Desperately trying to find a complete setup that fits my pendantry and OCD. Which I will document and share when working :)

download extnumberzap and have a play with the settings in that
plugins...download plugins...systemplugins...extnumberzap
I've installed that plugin, but I cannot see where the settings are? IS it a case of messing with config files?

If you download the 3rd party component in my skin extras folder for the sky epg tabs. In this code this overrides these buttons so you can type in a number on the epg instead.
Ok, I did that. BTW, the instructions are a little misleading, although maybe correct? It mentions deleting a PYO file and uploading a new PY; I thought this was a typo, especially when my box appeared to brick, but after many minutes of blue spinning wait symbol and a reboot, it does appear to have worked - Is that all as expected? It may help to describe that if it's the case. Editting the extras.xml files is mixed with confusing references. It mentions changing a panel name and then a panel number, which appears to mean change the number in the panel name? However if this refers to the suffix of the panel name, mine was already set to 2 - Again, not sure if this is correct, but it is a little confusing.

Anyway, I think it is working - I can definitely now type a number in the EPG, but there is no screen feedback of this (Ie I can't see numbers being typed) andthe delay is quite high from entering the number to the display changing - Again, are both of these expected behaviour? And does the keypress delay refer to the delay I've set elsewhere?

the settings for the extnumberzap will be buried somewhere in the menus. Just search for it. Once its installed a new menu item will appear. Can't remember exactly as it's a long time ago since I use that plugin.

I don't really provide any support for 3rd party plugins because I don't recommend them. People install them at their own risk and its the reason I do not include them in my skin build.

Most 3rd party components come as an uncompiled python file. This is in the format PY.
Once you have installed this PY file into the relevant folder and rebooted, this PY file gets compiled and compressed and then becomes a PYO file
Your box will slow down on initial reboot as this file is being compressed into a PYO

There is instructions on my slyk1hd thread sticky on how to edit the extras.xml

Ok in case anyone is reading this in the future, the extnumberzap settings are under setup > usage & gui > Extended Numberzap (which is the second page of menu items)

Learning whats lives where and what's in what menus will certainly help everyone in most of the questions asked on here. Despite the fact i created a skin and therefore had to find every single page and component on my box i still forget where some things live, but i know they live somewhere as ive seen them. Its just a case of hunting them down.

Was gonna start a thread asking about this myself, but found this one through searching.

But just wanted to add something for OP or anyone else who has done this, regarding:
the delay is quite high from entering the number to the display changing - Again, are both of these expected behaviour?
If you just enter the channel numbers and wait, it takes ~5 seconds to change to the keyed channel.

If you press the OK button after keying in the channel number, it goes to that channel after ~1 second.

Thought it was worth mentioning.

as for the using keypad for epg you cannot do this be default as the numbers are mapped to do various things.
I've noticed this is also the case when using the Multi EPG, is there any way to use the number keys to jump to a specified channel in the Multi EPG?

Back