Smart IPTV app question.

pisshead

I'm using the smart iptv app on my android tv.

I am trying to find out if I am watching a live iptv stream and then I decide to switch my TV over to watch my normal roof aerial or satellite dish inputs, should the smart iptv app automatically quit and cut off when I switch over to another input like I explained ?

I just don't want the smart iptv app to be running in the background gobbling up my internet bandwidth speed if I'm not using the smart iptv app, but I am very unsure how it works as this is the first time I have used the smart iptv app, I usually use an iptv box, not this time though.

Appreciate any help, comments or idea's guys, thank you. :)

Last edited:
If I'm watching iptv through my firestick and I turn over to mainstream TV and then return to firestick it will still be running,surely the answer is to try it for yourself it's the first thing I would try..:cool:

Using smart iptv app when I press exit button on samsung to watch normal tv going back into smart iptv it loads up again so I think it must cut off maybe someone with a bit more knowledge can help

If I'm watching iptv through my firestick and I turn over to mainstream TV and then return to firestick it will still be running,surely the answer is to try it for yourself it's the first thing I would try..:cool:

I understand that, but I mean would with it being an iptv app on a TV and you still have the TV switched on then how does the smart iptv app know it's to disconnect the stream (the app) running in the background if you switch over to watch live mainstream channels via your tv aerial/sat, looks like it keeps the feeds running in the background to me, I can notice internet usage, so it's gotta be that, no big deal but it would be best to have all your internet bandwidth speed if your not using a specific app.

Last edited:
I think so, if you click back it will say " Exit ? ", then press it again and it should close down.

Not sure wether it carries on running in the back though !

I have it on an LG tv in the bedroom and it cuts off if you go to live tv so presumably android tv would be the same

I think so, if you click back it will say " Exit ? ", then press it again and it should close down.

Not sure wether it carries on running in the back though !

Yes mate, just tried that and it does exit doing it the way you say cheers ;), but I always keep wondering is that poxy app running in the background ? :grimacing: lol

I'm still sure that app runs in the background man :confused: because when I switch over to use the app the stream is already running without the usual bit of buffering for the first few seconds that EVERYONE gets with IPTV, hmmm, I wonder if it is or not, maybe Smart Iptv have their own forum, I will have a look, probably best Idea, lol.

Once your finished using something (an IPTV app) that uses up some internet speed, I would always assume that it should cut off and therefor allow you to have your full internet speed back again instead of something running the background and using a portion of your internet bandwidth speed, but I still reckon that that Smart IPTV app stays running in the background, it must, I can see the lights flashing like fck on my router meaning there is online data flowing through it.

Last edited:
I'm still sure that app runs in the background man :confused: because when I switch over the app the stream is already running without the usual bit of buffering for the first few seconds that EVERYONE gets with IPTV, hmmm.

SmartIPTV does clear channels very fast to be fair, its usually instant

Back