Snake Reappread after over 18 months

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
OMG IM soooooooooooooo happy ive got to tell the world.

About 18 months ago Crystal dissapeared - hubby has just found her sitting in the top of the boiler. She went missing thro a hold under the floor of the house. We are having an extension done and been doing all sorted.

She has survived the very cold winter and well must have found food somewhere

sorry for typos lol i cant see for the tears! i just cant beleive that she is still alive.
She is now in a box with water and im gonna leave her tongiht and try and feed her 2mora. Problem is if she has bene eating live mice she may not take frozen.

Will probably take her to vets 2mora just to make sure shes ok

Linny keep us updated on Crystal.So happy for you,let us know what vet says.Great news:happy::happy::happy:

Sorry couldnt resist. Took her out and gave her a good look over, she looks fine just a bit skinny, and decided to feed her - wow!! she struck for it and took it down in seconds - so she must have been hungry. Only gave her 1 small mouse as want to see how she goes. Will take a photo ( or vid) lol of her 2mora so you can see her. She is one of the snakes that we never had many pictures of and when i lost my pc last year lost what ones i did have :(

As promised a short vid of Crystal so you can see what she looks like and in what sort of condition she is in after her ordeal
[YOUTUBE]P--mmAisd68[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]t3E3oOUwQHg[/YOUTUBE]

She looks well linny, not that I know anything about snakes :grimacing:

Great Vids, thanks for sharing ;)

Another nice share Linny.

Have you been able to extract any of the details of her adventure from her yet? lol

Another nice share Linny.

Have you been able to extract any of the details of her adventure from her yet? lol

well ive tried but all i get out of her is cr^p - pardon the expression lol! suppose its a good sign that she gave me that lol! after 2 mice im surprised she left some sort of present (sorry to degrade the story lol) but at least again if she did a poo means her body internally must be ok.
Havent managed to get to vets and well to be honest looking at her seems no need.
Will add a photo later once its uploaded to pb

But all she wants is food, oh i really wished i could find out all the details lol!

here is a photo of her. Hopefully you can see from this that she is not as skinny as i would have expected. You can sort of see the backbone a little, but in a few weeks after some good feeds that will disappear. I have no idea if she has shrunk or if that is what would happen, but weight loss yes i would have expected more. I will also weigh her and get out her old records to see how much she has lost. Will be interesting
IMG_1000000047.jpg

Crystal looks very good to me linny.She must of got grub from somewhere.Looks very well for being lost for 18 Months.So happy for you Crystal is ok Linny:happy::happy::happy::happy:

thanks Ally, well in that photo looking at it at that size you can hardly see her back bone nor her green to be honest sometimes you look at her and with the iridescence she looks like she is going to glow in the dark lol! which is why we named her Crystal - didnt like the name diamond. You wouldnt believe she only cost £15 when we bought her 4 yrs ago

Back