snr 0

efc_uk1

Hi, I have 2 receivers connected to my old Sky dish. Most channels work fine with SNR in the high 90's. A few channels won't clear and have a SNR of 0.
Would the dish alignment allow perfect signals on most channels and no signal for others? Or maybe the LNB is faulty? As I have the same problem on both receivers I believe the cables from the dish should be okay.
Any thoughts before I risk life and limb up a ladder?
I have only recently noticed the problem as the main STB normally only uses a motorised dish and I've just put a new n line on the 2nd box and can't get BT Sport!
Cheers,
Tony.

Vu+ Solo2 & Vu+ Zero both running Openatv 6.1. I only put the image on the zero yesterday so scanned then. Also scanned the current transponder for BT Sport 1 today (according to Lyngsat) and no channels were found.
All channels are working using the motorised dish on the Solo2 but both the 2nd tuner on the Solo and the single tuner on the Zero (connected to static Sky dish) show SNR 0 fot all BT Sport SD channels & Boxnation.
So there is something wrong with the fixed dish, I was hoping someone may know if it's the LNB or alignment before I start adjusting angles etc.
Thanks

does another box connected work okay? sorry if you mentioned already

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You could check the transponder list, (TP List) to see what transponders you have no signal on. 11082 H & 11112 H have a weaker signal than most of the others, the BT transponder 11344 V has a strong signal so you should be getting it, if not then it's either your dish out of allignment, the lnb or a bad connection. You never said if you had a twin lnb on the sky dish or if you're using a diseqc switch, if you have a twin lnb & have the same problem on both receivers then it's either the lnb or the dish.

Yeah.the LNB is quad, problem is on both cables from that LNB. The signal from the motorised dish is fine so the problem is either LNB or dish. I posted the question in the hope somebody may know which one was at fault from the symptoms. I've been up the ladder today, everything looks fine, the dish is solid, swapped ports but no difference. I've got the LNB details so I'll order a new one and cross my fingers.
Thanks for all of your replies.

Back