SNR Query

readychef

Hi Lads

Hope your all enjoying the weekend....

Quick query.... I have had a skybox f5s for a few years now and never had a problem with it very happy with it. I took the plunge and bought a Zgemma h2s and got it up and running with great help from Woohsman (thanks again).
I noticed lately that my channels are lagging more than usual. So out of curiosity I put my skybox on and the freezing more or less stopped. I noticed the snr on the skybox is 90 % ish were on my zgemma h2s its only 58%...
Can anyone explain this to me ???

Cheers ...Readychef....

It could be an iffy connection on the new box. I have had a similar issue when changing boxes sometimes the termination that works fine screwing into one box gives a no signal or varied snr on a different box but if not screwed up fully or cable moved around a bit it works fine. Check the LNB power setting is on its usually located somewhere in the sat setup option also as this increases the voltage to the LNB giving a stronger signal if its off that will cause a problem. Also you can try and re terminate the cable at the box end to see if that helps.

Back