Software update maybe not working!

Bigdrinks

TK Veteran
Pressed blue button, Software Update, (Updates Available:30), green button to update.

Then I get the Package List Update page. The scrolling line and 'please wait..."

It's been almost an hour like this now. It doesn't take this long does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it's normally less than 5 mins with reboot and all.
if me I would switch it off and on. But do it at your own risk.

Tried that, deep standby then off/on with button at back and still the same.

if you have got feed xyz picons installed, it will try to update them to. (big download)

I did my update a few days ago, and noticed it was horrendously slow this time around. I was like you... thinking should I just abort. It kicked in, in the end.

Yes Kiddac, one of the updates was xyz picons. I thought updating this would change my old Setanta Sport picons to Eir Sport picons but it hasn't. Unless I have to do some fettling with it.

I have got all the new sly cinema picons now. Haven't checked the EIR sport. Have you tried doing a fresh ABM scan (or AB E2). Delete your original bouquets first to make sure its a clean list.

It should not take over an hour to download. Mine takes 10 minutes max. Must be your build or your internet speed. I'm on virgin and all downloads don't take that long

---------- Post Merged at 11:09 AM ----------

Hi, what is EIR sport?

Sky Sports (ROI)

August: 13: Hull City v Leicester City, 12.30pm; Everton v Tottenham, 3pm. 14: Bournemouth v Manchester United, 1.30pm; Arsenal v Liverpool, 4pm. 15: Chelsea v West Ham, 8pm. 19: Manchester United v Southampton, 8pm. 20: Stoke v Manchester City, 12.30pm; Burnley v Liverpool, 3pm. 21: Sunderland v Middlesbrough, 1.30pm; West Ham v Bournemouth, 4pm. 27: Tottenham v Liverpool, 12.30pm; Watford v Arsenal, 3pm. 28: West Brom v Middlesbrough, 1.30pm; Manchester City v West Ham, 4pm.
September: 10: Manchester United v Manchester City, 12.30pm; Stoke v Tottenham, 3pm. 11: Swansea City v Chelsea, 1.30pm. 12: Sunderland v Everton, 8pm.
16: Chelsea v Liverpool, 8pm. 17: Hull v Arsenal, 3pm. 18: Crystal Palace v Stoke, 1.30pm; Tottenham v Sunderland, 4pm. 24: Manchester United v Leicester City, 12.30pm; Swansea v Manchester City, 3pm. 25: West Ham v Southampton, 1.30pm. 26: Burnley v Watford, 8pm.

Eir Sport (ROI)

August: 13: Manchester City v Sunderland, 5.30pm. 20: Leicester City v Arsenal, 5.30pm. 27: Hull City v Manchester United, 5.30pm.
September: 10: Liverpool v Leicester City, 5.30pm. 17: Everton v Middlesbrough, 5.30pm. 18: Watford v Manchester United, 12pm. 24: Arsenal v Chelsea, 5.30pm.

Last edited:
Ah mate didn't know that. Thanks . I downloaded the new picon file last night with sky cinema. How can I get the text saying sky cinema and EIR sport for setanta sports?

just do a software update if on openatv (not vix), and then do a fresh channel scan. If you have then got "tom cruise" as one of the movie channels, then you have got the new list.

---------- Post Merged at 11:21 AM ----------

And if using Autobouquets maker, this also has now has an option in the settings to update your list to the latest version.

Back