software update

jibbbbbb

Hi all only resently got my new box from world of sat its a vu+ duo 2 on vix image ,, I got home today and found sortware update 180 updated packages available reflash recommended ,, I tried upgrade and reboot system waited 20mins and nothing happened rebooted and all back to normal now, how do I upgrade these 180 packages or shall I leave them well alone thank you

Last edited:
Vix are recommending to do a fresh flash so you need to go to openvix.co.uk and download the latest version and flash via usb. Alternatively you can just leave it but eventually you'll have to update

yes anytime i flash boxes i read the status of the plugins feed to make sure its green,i never bother with the online updates as when i read about new firmware they say manual flash only.
always have line info and cfg info on pc with box name on it so to send back and forth.

Thanks you both can someone all so tell me why there is a flashing circle on the display on front of box there is a picture on a mother posy which I made earlier thank you

What the heck is a "mother posy " :dunno:

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

The flashing circle is to advise of an available update there was another drop yesterday only about 80 this time

Lol I'm sorry about that it was early morning when I was sat on the toilet it was meant to say another post ,, so what you kind gents are saying I've got to completely reflash my box via vix web site .... if I do this have I got to put my lines back in and all so have I got to delete ever think else from my USB stick ... I must say great box bit I was expecting to be able to upgrade throw my new box not having to reflash ever few week .... and thank you so much for explaining the bloody flashing light on my box ,,, once again thanks you for all the reply would have been lost with out this help ,,, now I'm more than willing to help any newbies on setting up this box ,,,

Generally you can update via the box but if there are major changes then they advise a reflash you can restore your settings etc from a previous backup

Generally you can update via the box but if there are major changes then they advise a reflash you can restore your settings etc from a previous backup
Thanks mate I'm on software updates option 3 is perform a full image backup ,,,, if I do this can I just remove my USB stick put the latest software from vix uk re flash and not have to reinstall all my lines buy the way cheers for your help

When you've flashed the box it will reboot and start the setup process and will detect any backups you can then select a backup and it will restore settings and plugins as well if you wish when I did it the other day it worked fine and kept all my Oscam stings etc thankfully so no need to go through that nightmare set up again

Ok cheers mate .. I ain't going to do it until Sunday ... don't won't to miss the fight on saturday ... just in case it all goes tits up cheers

Back