software updates?

It's openwebife but should be sorted out by now but guess not

---------- Post Merged at 07:11 AM ----------

Edit I've just ran an ota update and working fine for me on zgemma H2.H with openatv 5.3

Ok, thanks...going to take the brave pill after dinner and give it a go.

**EDIT** Ran the software updates and no problems whatsoever, all good in the hood....One happy dude.

Last edited:
I’ve checked my updates for the first time with the blue button and I have 194. I’ve gone on information and it says version 6.1 and open atv on the top left of screen. Should I install the updates and do I need to back up anything first. Thanks

I’ve checked my updates for the first time with the blue button and I have 194. I’ve gone on information and it says version 6.1 and open atv on the top left of screen. Should I install the updates and do I need to back up anything first. Thanks

No it won't update, it's too far behind the times to do so many updates
6.1 is years out of date, we're on 6.3 now, it's quicker and easier to reflash to 6.3 rather than spend days trying to get 6.1 working properly, reflashing takes 25 mins

No it won't update, it's too far behind the times to do so many updates
6.1 is years out of date, we're on 6.3 now, it's quicker and easier to reflash to 6.3 rather than spend days trying to get 6.1 working properly, reflashing takes 25 mins
Ok thanks for the reply I thought that might be the case. I run xtreme editor for iptv and use free sat. I did flash it a few years ago but can’t really remember how to do it but I’m sure I will figure it out on here. Is it worth getting it all up to date and installing wooshbuild infinity. What are the advantages. It is working perfectly at the moment.

Thanks again.

You will get all the updates required make a not le of your line id and your box ip address or you will have to send your provider a new code to reflash your box if you press blue button for software manager then go across to flash online/local select flashonline press green button should give you option for 6.2 and if you press blue button on 6.2 chances are 6.3 will appear select one of the zip files to flash your box once flashed and gets to hdmi setting on open atv put the remote down use putty enter your box ip address into putty press connect will say login as type root press enter then will say logged in as then enter this command opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk and press enter infinity will install once infinity is installed it gives you options to select you want sattalite and then just download xtream editor from within plugins

You will get all the updates required make a not le of your line id and your box ip address or you will have to send your provider a new code to reflash your box if you press blue button for software manager then go across to flash online/local select flashonline press green button should give you option for 6.2 and if you press blue button on 6.2 chances are 6.3 will appear select one of the zip files to flash your box once flashed and gets to hdmi setting on open atv put the remote down use putty enter your box ip address into putty press connect will say login as type root press enter then will say logged in as then enter this command opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk and press enter infinity will install once infinity is installed it gives you options to select you want sattalite and then just download xtream editor from within plugins
Ok thanks for all the info. Much appreciated. What are the advantages of doing it or just leaving it as it is. Will everything continue to work well as it does.

He's on 6.1 which is no longer updated and will cause problems always better to reflash and have upto date open atv and image
Right. I have iptv and free sat so no line id. I’ll dig out the instructions for installing xtreme editor.
Any more advice before I start swearing at the box

Right. I have iptv and free sat so no line id. I’ll dig out the instructions for installing xtreme editor.
Any more advice before I start swearing at the box

you will have a line ID in your current xtreme editor setup, you will need to note that if you cant contact your supplier to reconnect you. other wise you will have no iptv.................

If it's working as it is... make a settings backup & then flash ATV6.3, once done restore your settings. AutoBouquetsMaker will need to be replaced with the new version so remove ABM via the plugins menu & then install the latest version from plugin downloads, a few plugins may need re-adding as may skins if you dont have them saved on the USB

Back