Solo2 best image?

r0b

Hi

I currently have a zgemma h9s running openatv but have a solo2 coming today to replace it. I'm just wondering what image people are using? Openatv/openpli/openvix etc?

I will be using the box for freesat channels aswell as IPTV

Many thanks

Give Wooshbuild Infinity (open-ATV) a whirl put it on a few Zgemma's this week but its compatible with loads of Enigma2 boxes, its very nice on the eye and user friendly which is the main thing.

Thanks rpidemon

I have wooshbuild on my current box runnig openatv 6.2. I have read people saying that openvix is better though.

Thanks rpidemon

I have wooshbuild on my current box runnig openatv 6.2. I have read people saying that openvix is better though.
You can always try it and if it's not your liking go back to something you a familiar with. What suits one man may not suit the next.

Which image you use is down to personal preference. Some prefer ATV, others prefer VIX and then there are others as well.

If you are thinking about putting a build on the box then in reality the difference between vix and atv is irrelevant, as builds such as Infinity, or FreeRange (works with atv or vix) has everything set up and there is little you need to do.

If on the other hand you are planning on doing it all yourself then have a play with Vix, keep your H9 going for a few days and play with vix on the SOLO to see how you get on with it.

I began using open vix on solo2, after years of BH about 4 years ago, I changed to Open Pli this week. I had used Open Pli , about 8 years back & stopped because it was a bit slow. The newer versions are far different, solo2 boots quicker than vix, on the downside, you have to do a bit more, ie downloading plugins like epg cache, to allow you store your epg data on usb,& a backup plugin, to create full image backup, if your used to e2 boxes not too much hassle, however all these functions come embedded in the other main images,Vix & BH literally walk you thru the image setup, good luck with whatever you decide, I agree with formandvoid vu are great boxes

Cheers guys

I have had openpli on my hs9 and did like it to be fair. It's quite bare but after installing various plugins it ran really well. One of the things bugged me is the lack of skins for it. I settled on the default one (pli-fullhdnight I think it's called) and thought it was good.

I have just installed openvix and did the usual set up. I went to change the skin to a metrix one and it's stuck on the start-up screen lol. Not a great first impression.

Cheers guys

I have had openpli on my hs9 and did like it to be fair. It's quite bare but after installing various plugins it ran really well. One of the things bugged me is the lack of skins for it. I settled on the default one (pli-fullhdnight I think it's called) and thought it was good.

I have just installed openvix and did the usual set up. I went to change the skin to a metrix one and it's stuck on the start-up screen lol. Not a great first impression.

Where did you get OpenViX for the H9S?

I presume your solo2 is genuine as i use openvix on mine and BEES has a guide on forum if needed in the cable section.

Thanks for all the advice :)

Solo2 now fully set up with openvix. Great call on the ten eighty skin willow it looks just like the openpli one I used before.

Just a quick question. How are people viewing iptv on theirs? I'm using xtream editor plugin and and have the option for dvb, 4097 etc

Cheers

Back