Solo2 settings, something is just not quiet right

I am having a set up issue on my solo2.

i am running vix3.2 and have reflashed 3 times with image from WOS,I had the issue pre the upgrade to 3.2

i have tried using cccam and mgcamd 1.35 and 1.38.

i have got out my old crappy amiko mini hd box.

i am running both the same wired internet now, both mgcamd, both the same channel. but the solo2 keeps glitching , the amiko keeps performing glitch free 100%

it was suggested to me to move to black hole image, but I like the vix. And a little scared that if I change image that I get stuck in the set up.

It must be a setting or something I am sure.

any ideas what to do ?

vix image use cam 1.38 with nline,possibly your mg_cfg file is faulty replace with working one in downloads.

the server is for multiform so good for both boxes, I have just changed the mg_cfg file and reloaded 1.38 from the plugins in solo box menu. but still glitches :(

Only thing that comes to mind at the moment is try different DNS servers in the solo2? Maybe google's? Or try the solo2 in the DMZ of your router to eliminate a upnp issue at router? Does it still glitch with all other boxes off?

Yes with only one box on it still gliitches

To a chef DNS and DMZ is like rocket science, I shall google and try to understand it. Just frustrating as I am not the tech savvy with this stuff, it takes a while to get my head around things like this

---------- Post Merged at 02:30 PM ----------

Ok I have put the solo2 in DMZ via the router, it reads that this is not safe?
Its done, is it safe?

It's not unsafe, see how it goes, if it cures it then you can remove from dmz and use port forwarding, it's for testing reasons

Oh dear, it has got worse, still glutting. But also the solo2 box has crashed. I have a screen shot of the log, which is 100% make no sense to me.

I can't seem to be able to attach a photo here thou.:(

---------- Post Merged at 02:55 PM ----------

IMG_0311.jpgIMG_0312.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 02:56 PM ----------

no on the mgcamd at the moment

I much prefer oscam, also has logs that normal people can use lol
I'm on my phone and my old eyes can't read the txt, but can you turn software updates to no in system setup menu?

I have googled DNS and it seems BT could be a issue, where are the DNS settings in the solo2? on google it tells me how to change on my mac. But not on solo2 :(

---------- Post Merged at 03:16 PM ----------

Thanks Gmang14, I have turned off the check for software updates as it was turned on.

Still no progress just gone again :(

Press menu, setup, system, network, device set up, adapter settings, blue button to edit DNS, enter 8.8.4.4 save and exite, reboot and try
Also when box is glitching is the box running slow too?

---------- Post Merged at 03:18 PM ----------

Also have you rebooted your router?

ok rebooted router and changed replaced my old DNS with 8.8.4.4

fingers crossed again

---------- Post Merged at 03:28 PM ----------

another glitch :(

---------- Post Merged at 03:39 PM ----------

Ok, I have made it worse now.
I just ran the network test and

IO address unconfirmed and red cross

should I have left in edit DNS, Nameserver 1 192.168.1.254

then added the other as Nameserver 2?

---------- Post Merged at 03:43 PM ----------

when the solo2 box glitches, the other box runs perfectly

No you should have changed it to 8.8.4.4 and you could add another if you want 8.8.8.8

Did you leave use DHCP as yes? If no you will have to manually assign an ip address to the box

Ok it is set like you say, the IP address is red, just rebooted router. still glitching. I have lost the ability to FTP to the box via Idreamx on mac. But I can see HDD and bouquets etc via Idreamx still.

IMG_0314.jpgIMG_0315.jpg

Ok so an update.

i managed to screw up the solo2 so it was unresponsive to FTP.

factory reset failed. So it was reflashed with vix 3.2

bangord helped me setup the EPG & ABM and other settings perfectly.

and made a back up.

still getting glitching thou on both cccam and mgcamd

so added a different server to check that this was not the issue. But no resolve, so I made another back up

changed DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, rebooted router and box. Network test still fails IP address, and still glitches. This is the worst it is. So made another back up.

not sure what to do next apart from trying Oscam with gmangt or changing to black hole image to see if they work

its so frustrating, surely I'm not the only one with BT broadband, hub 5 and solo 2 issues?

That's 2 olother servers you tested and I tried your original lines and not one glitch. You've another box that's working fine still haven't you? You've tried new mg config files too. Is oscam really going to cure this and could it be hardware related now I'm thinking?!

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

There is a thread regards to hub5 somewhere on here, you need to turn off some firewall in the router setting. I will try find the thread if I can.

Back