1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs that remind you of someone

Discussion in 'Music room' started by Breezy Boo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Breezy Boo

Breezy Boo Member

Anyone else have a particular song that when it comes on you immediately think of a certain someone?

Oasis - Wonderwall

Whenever I hear this I always without a doubt think about my first boyfriend. He used to sing this to me all the time. He was such a dork ;) But remembering times like that makes me really miss his dorkness :)

bangord30 and Denoli like this.
  2. celticfc

celticfc Member

old one bt good
    Boris Gardiner I Wanna Wake Up With You

bangord30 likes this.
  3. pabloescaban

pabloescaban Forum Supporter

As you get older, almost everyone who has disappeared from your life, exes, long lost friends, relatives you never see and people who have passed away, there will be a song or rhyme or tv AD or something like this that when you hear or see it will remind you of them.

I think this only applies to those you have fond memories of, I've just spent ten minutes trying to think of something that reminds me of an ex i wasted ten years on and couldn't think of a single song, yet someone i was with for six months when I was 19, I have six or seven songs that remind me of her.
    You probably wouldn't know any of them, mostly 80's tunes

bangord30 likes this.
  4. pabloescaban

pabloescaban Forum Supporter

'I knew you were waiting' George michael and Aretha franklin
    'Caravan Of love' by housemartins - we sang this at the top of our voices at 1am on new years day on way home from pub

Quite a few others but I can't get into these here as it's a family forum

aldan and bangord30 like this.
  5. celticfc

celticfc Member

also 1 bird
    Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - Rod Stewart

bangord30 likes this.
  6. bigwayne1976

bigwayne1976 Member

mumford and sons-ghosts that we knew lost my dad 4 year ago
    the clash-death or glory good times
    screwdriver-blood and honour need I say more on that one..