Songs that remind you of someone

Breezy Boo

Anyone else have a particular song that when it comes on you immediately think of a certain someone?

Oasis - Wonderwall

Whenever I hear this I always without a doubt think about my first boyfriend. He used to sing this to me all the time. He was such a dork ;) But remembering times like that makes me really miss his dorkness :)

As you get older, almost everyone who has disappeared from your life, exes, long lost friends, relatives you never see and people who have passed away, there will be a song or rhyme or tv AD or something like this that when you hear or see it will remind you of them.

I think this only applies to those you have fond memories of, I've just spent ten minutes trying to think of something that reminds me of an ex i wasted ten years on and couldn't think of a single song, yet someone i was with for six months when I was 19, I have six or seven songs that remind me of her.
You probably wouldn't know any of them, mostly 80's tunes

'I knew you were waiting' George michael and Aretha franklin
'Caravan Of love' by housemartins - we sang this at the top of our voices at 1am on new years day on way home from pub

Quite a few others but I can't get into these here as it's a family forum

mumford and sons-ghosts that we knew lost my dad 4 year ago
the clash-death or glory good times
screwdriver-blood and honour need I say more on that one..

The best way to remember things is to link a color object or sound to what you want to rember, for instance when I did my electrical exams to remember regulation codes I linked them to a short walk I have from my house to the shops. on the way, there are land marks such as a post box, a massive tree, my old house, zebra crossing, scruffy garden, then the shops.
so In that order I would mentally link a regulation to say the post box so post box= Electricity at Work Regulations 1989. big tree= Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 ect.....
Its a real easy way to remember things. I was taught this method at school, and have used it lots.. I have many little walks with memory points.

Last edited:
Back