Splitting cable wire

liamt

TK Veteran
I'm a Sat user and have set up many many sat boxes for friends and family but when it comes to cable I'm a noob. I know you cannot split a Sat signal but I have heard you can split a cable signal. When we moved in to out present house we had only a cable wire coming in so i installed a Sat dish and ran it to my zgemma. We have fallen on hard times in the sat world so it's time to make use of this single cable wire.

How can i split this wire for use in a twin cable box I have checked the cable in a genuine virmin box and I get a picture so I know it's live even though we don't have any virmin packages.
phW6sz1_d.jpg

Genuine box that was already here when we moved in.

s0DPhTx.jpg

Channels clearing so I know we're connected from the green box (for the time being) been connected with no subscription for a good few years now.

oGqLV5E.jpg

Wire coming in with some sort of box on the end of it.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers

Cheers mate I'm going to get a zgemma H5.2TC.
Twin Tuner 2 x DVB-T2 (Cable) And DVB S2 (Satellite) HD Enigma 2 Receiver
How do twin tuners work with only 1 cable in?
Cheers

Cheers mate I'm going to get a zgemma H5.2TC.
Twin Tuner 2 x DVB-T2 (Cable) And DVB S2 (Satellite) HD Enigma 2 Receiver
How do twin tuners work with only 1 cable in?
Cheers

Your need a splitter with 3 outputs also your have to check when you get a supplier for vm that they do multiline as most vm only allow 1 feed

Your need a splitter with 3 outputs also your have to check when you get a supplier for vm that they do multiline as most vm only allow 1 feed
Why would I need 3 outputs this is a twin cable single sat box I am buying

from splitter one side goes to router other side goes to tuner 1 loop out to tuner 2 if needed.

box should run with 1 line unless you have other boxes?

it can mean it will let interference in at a higher range by outside electrical sources.
cable frequencies are between 5 and say 900 in the scan range hence 5-1000mhz is what vm use.

You do know if you don't have at least vm broadband running into your property there's a high chance your cable feed won't work or will be cut

I know i could get disconected at any time but it's been live since I moved in 3 years ago with no subscription. If it ever goes off I will get bb from them but for the time being ill stick with talk talk, landline, internet, unlimited called to landlines and mobiles £22 a month. I'll try 1 cable and see if I can loop it or of not and I need a splitter what's the score with the 8db on the end of the cable, what's that for?

No, it's two cable tuners yes but it's split internally so you only need one feed going into the tuner.

Ahh yes I see 1 sat in and 1 cable in. i hope your right Janso I'll messege the seller and see what he says. It's a shame the zgemma seller on here Dont have these boxes in stock yet

Back