Splitting cable wire

it can mean it will let interference in at a higher range by outside electrical sources.
cable frequencies are between 5 and say 900 in the scan range hence 5-1000mhz is what vm use.

to your point above - are you saying you should get a splitter as close to the vm range as possible i.e. 5-1000mhz or would a 5-25000 MHz splitter work fine since it covers the whole range? I have just setup my first cable box for a mate and his hd channels are buffer city so I'm going through potential fixes.

a 5-2500 has more chance of issues than the correct 5-1000 one.
dont use cheap coaxial cable either.

Depending on how far away from the router the box will be, you can pick up proper Virgin splitter kits on eBay.

I wouldn't recommend those, bought the same make from the same seller on eBay. Splitter is poor quality, same as the cheap ones that are relabled to be some other unknown brand.

Tratec Splitters are the way to go.

Thanks for the info.

Which box would you guys recommend for cable? Something simple, easy to use been looking at zgemma h2h but also concious about good picture quality. The combo boxes like the h2h for sat & cable have there been any issues with them?

So i order my h5.2tc from my usual supplier, pay him. He marks it as dispatched only for him to send me an email to say he hasnt had them delivered to him from China yet! Why have them advertised in the first place then

Which box would you guys recommend for cable? Something simple, easy to use been looking at zgemma h2h but also concious about good picture quality. The combo boxes like the h2h for sat & cable have there been any issues with them?
I have a h2h, if there was issues with it, I'm sure they wouldn't be as popular as they are now.

I have a h2h, if there was issues with it, I'm sure they wouldn't be as popular as they are now.
Thanks hamza. One of the guys i purchased a sat box awhile ago of said not good to use combo tuners due to things going wrong. I want to purchase a h2h but *bay not trustworthy where can i purchase one with all firmware on everything setup?

Thanks hamza. One of the guys i purchased a sat box awhile ago of said not good to use combo tuners due to things going wrong. I want to purchase a h2h but *bay not trustworthy where can i purchase one with all firmware on everything setup?
For me personally the box works perfectly, however people say that the tuner is weak or needs a good input. I've never had issues with that.

It's best you don't buy one that comes with a "gift" since they'll rip you off, making you pay extra for a year (for example) and it'll probably last less than that.

I bought mine from eBay, just basic without a gift, and with OpenATV installed on it already.

Last time I checked they sell around £80-£90, I bought mine here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161760763088

Once you get it, I installed an image first from the downloads section so that everything will be installed already, connect it all up with splitters (if you need to use them) and the cables, get ABM set up with your network ID, and scan. Then make sure the FTA channels are working.

Lastly, get yourself over to the request area and try out a few line providers, and buy the best one you get.

For me personally the box works perfectly, however people say that the tuner is weak or needs a good input. I've never had issues with that.

It's best you don't buy one that comes with a "gift" since they'll rip you off, making you pay extra for a year (for example) and it'll probably last less than that.

I bought mine from eBay, just basic without a gift, and with OpenATV installed on it already.

Last time I checked they sell around £80-£90, I bought mine here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161760763088

Once you get it, I installed an image first from the downloads section so that everything will be installed already, connect it all up with splitters (if you need to use them) and the cables, get ABM set up with your network ID, and scan. Then make sure the FTA channels are working.

Lastly, get yourself over to the request area and try out a few line providers, and buy the best one you get.

Thanks for the advice & link. Will check it out might PM you if that's cool if i get stuck. Top man

Back