Splitting Sky Feed?

I don't even know if this is possible,long story short my dad wants one of these zgemma boxes but he's tied into Sky for another 3 months and reluctant to switch over soley to the zgemma alone.

So I'm wondering can the sky feed be split? so he can actually use both until his sky contract is up? means if the zgemma fails he won't be left high and dry.

I believe that you have to have a separate feed from the LNB(satellite) to the zgemma. You cant split the current feed going to the orig. sly box.

Or are you asking If the zgemma would work if you run another cable from the LNB & using them both at the same time?

Easiest thing is to trail more cables from the LNB (Part of the dish) down through to the room required. If there aren't any spare ones, then get an LNB with more connections (2/4/6/8)

Basic answer to your question - No it can't be done, unfortunately.

I did this for a friend a few months ago. He had sly + and i took one lead from there into the zgemma and then changed his sly box to a single feed through the secret installer page. It meant that he could try out the zgemma but still have the sly feed for a couple of months.

its unlikely the zgemma would fail, more likely to be any bits of magic that might go on it? id go for an h2s if its the gemma youre going for, though i also think the openbox v8s (or one of the newer openboxes) is a very simple box to use, though of course you don't get all the bells and whistles

I don't even know if this is possible,long story short my dad wants one of these zgemma boxes but he's tied into Sky for another 3 months and reluctant to switch over soley to the zgemma alone.

So I'm wondering can the sky feed be split? so he can actually use both until his sky contract is up? means if the zgemma fails he won't be left high and dry.

You can get cable splitter and split the line but you can only watch one at any time.. There is interference if you have both switched on

If you had recently got sly wiring fitted, you may notice that that there two sly wires. They are thinner than the usual size. They use two diff lnb ports in dish lnb, so you could take one of of the sly box and put it into the zgemma. Make sure when you take out from sly box, you take the dish input 2 out and not 1, as if im correct input 1 is main one and 2 is for pause, rewing, recording etc. And you will have bith work together

Oh is it? I had a friend of mine do that and it worked fine for him...unless he did something in the middle, but i shall ask him tomorrow and see what he says

not having 2 feeds in providers box you will lose recording and viewing.
If you change sly box to single feed it will record and view fine. As I said in earlier post I did this for a friend before to try and he had both sly and zgemma box working from single feeds.

Why don't you just run a trial.
Remove the Sly box, put the ZGemma in its place and say for 4 weeks, use it and record your problems, then come here and get help.
Then if he really hates it, put the Sly box back and sell the ZGemma, or get 2 feeds into your bedroom and keep it yourself.

If both boxes set to single tuners it should work flawless.

Ok so If I set the Sly box and the zgemma both to single tuners he could possibly use both? just needs to switch between HDMI on tv.

If I done this for him what would he lose? in regards to being able to record on both boxes? would he be able to record on none of them?

Exactly. Just switch between boxes via remote.

He could record what he's watching on both boxes at the same time. I did...

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Back