Star 2S 'BOOT' (Solved)

SP0NGER0B

Had a Star 2S box given to me by a friend who lacked the technical ability to flash a box.

It has an interesting issue that I've not seen before hence my post.

Flashes OpenATV fine, upgrades to Whoosy Infinity, set everything up and it works perfect. Standby and back on again all fine. However once the box is powered off completely (i.e. taking the box back to my friends home or even if we have a powercut) then front display is stuck on BOOT.

Looks like it needs a complete reflash EVERY time it's powered off!!

Suggestions, thoughts please

Had a Star 2S box given to me by a friend who lacked the technical ability to flash a box.

It has an interesting issue that I've not seen before hence my post.

Flashes OpenATV fine, upgrades to Whoosy Infinity, set everything up and it works perfect. Standby and back on again all fine. However once the box is powered off completely (i.e. taking the box back to my friends home or even if we have a powercut) then front display is stuck on BOOT.

Looks like it needs a complete reflash EVERY time it's powered off!!

Suggestions, thoughts please

it needs a new power supply, this is a common problem, search the forum for psu

it needs a new power supply, this is a common problem, search the forum for psu

Admittedly I have read such comments whilst looking online myself for a resolution to this problem. So I tried a PSU from my own 2S, same problem, then I tried my PSU from my H2S, same problem. It's unlikely all three PSU's are problematic?

It's certainly worth a try and I'll order one, thanks.

If anybody else has a suggestion I'd be happy to hear it.

Ok, new (5A) PSU arrived today and to my surprise.. yes it's all working again. My apologies for thinking it wouldn't work. Happy!

Back