start over

jibbbbbb

hi all ive tried lots of different soft cams and many mg/cfg files and yet still the cable side of my box is un watchable now freezing ever 20 seconds or so , and yet still dish side is perfect but no hd which you can only get on cable ,, I'm going to reset to factory setting and start from scratch which is a shame because my new hard drive is working great and the new blue skin is perfect and all so time shift is quality ,, but before I do I want to make sure soft cam 1.38, and mg/cfg files are the most up to date ones there is along with the file I use to send over my lines which I've forgot what its called ... links would be good this time I wont it to work well ... many thanks for your time in advance cheers

Thanks for the reply I was using 3 2 030 openvix , what's the difference between what I was using and openatv 5.1 thank you for your help

Not much really all i would say is try and source a CAM that is specifically used in the OpenVix image and then use the MGcam files i posted

cactikid ive tried plugins downloaded and the only softcams that comes up is mgcam135a this is an older version so there is something wrong somewhere cheers

---------- Post Merged at 08:03 PM ----------

at the moment this is on my soft cam WIN_20160101_20_00_58_Pro.jpgBut when I go to plugins all I get is 1.35

You are already running Mgcamd 1.38 so no need for any other MGcamd emulator to be used just replace the files found in /usr/keys to those i linked to and restart the Cam, dont forget to backup your line details before you do anything

When you FTP over to your box the directory /usr/keys will hold files called mg_cfg, newcamd.list, cccamd.list, priority.list, replace.list

just make sure you have backed up your MGcamd line from the newcamd.list that is already present in your folder then as i say in the thread download the MGcam file i linked to and you will have those 5 files i listed above replace them with the files you already have in /usr/keys and then place your line in the newcamd.list file CWS = my.server.com 12000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

then either restart the whole box or restart the cam

started from scratch took less than 20 mins , reset box to factory setting flashed with latest vix image and used free uk mgcam settings , epg set to usb and cross over set up all recording on new 2 t hard drive and blue sky skin installed plus time shift all set up and working ,,, still don't no what was wrong in the first place but so far I've got a perfect box all channels working on both dish and cable , thank you ever one for all your help and advise ,,, cheers

if you changed the mg_cfg i would say it was that.you did the right thing and reflashed from start hopefully not using settings restore and loaded everything correctly.

did you place a copy of mg_cfg and newcamd.list to a folder on laptop saying duo 2 and the date installed,for if you do a factory reset=wipes box and pc file ready to be sent back for new install.

well done a very happy man.

cheers mate I dowmload vix latest image from world of sat to USB and flashed that way , and yes green light was on lol , I've had the Newcamd

Lines On pc for ages so I put that back on and I put the new mg_ cam on pc as well so I'm hoping it was the mg_ cam so far so good ,one last think is there away I can save all the setting on the hard drive or USB been as it working ok and then if thing go wrong or I mess things up I've a back up on the box cheers

just an update on box since I factory reset and started from scratch after I installed new mgcam setting from free uk ,, and installed new vix image ever think has been running perfect big thanks to ever one on here for the help it took time but we got there in the end , and I must say the time shift and new blue sly skin makes it complete what a fantastic box just like have sly plus but better been as I have both sly and cable well worth the money and lines are perfect as well all box office as well cheers

Jibbbbbb in the same boat as yourself regarding backup you can backup image and firmware to hdd , menu,settings,vix , image manager , backup manager , have done both , but as cactikid says only necessary if you are changing to a new image as in blackhole , so if your not happy with new image you can go back to saved image , can u tell me had u much trouble putting in cable line ?
Cheers. ........

---------- Post Merged at 05:39 PM ----------

Forgot to say have line and confg saved to folder on computer

Jibbbbbb in the same boat as yourself regarding backup you can backup image and firmware to hdd , menu,settings,vix , image manager , backup manager , have done both , but as cactikid says only necessary if you are changing to a new image as in blackhole , so if your not happy with new image you can go back to saved image , can u tell me had u much trouble putting in cable line ?
Cheers. ........

---------- Post Merged at 05:39 PM ----------

Forgot to say have line and confg saved to folder on computer
paulie I've done that I'm on vix not black hole , an as for lines I just saved mine on my old pc as well as mgcam ,, but saying that had to reset pc back to factory setting as well which took longer than setting up the box ,,, must say now it it running perfect even fitted a 2 Teri bite hard drive which has transformed the box completely now I can record what I want and record what it want and even pause and rewind live TV ,,, over the moon with it ,, ,, are you all sorted hard drive wish if not I can tell you what I fitted and it took 10 mins all done

Jibbbbbb got harrdrive preinstalled with the box on purchase , took a lot of advice from cactikid , all going well with sat line , new sly skin brill , but also have bvb c tuner installed , just incase I need to go cable , had you any problems setting up the cable side ,

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

i stated what image manager is mainly used for when people have an image stored and they try other things like blackhole and other images but dont like them ,one can revert in minutes

to be honest don't think I would of got there with out cactikid and bees , and a few others who no who they are,, as for cable I got both sly lines and cable because I can record and watch at the same time I wanted cable to give me hd which to be honest I thought there was no real difference but now I can't go without my hd lol ,, the bonus with sly I can watch Santana sports on Irish TV which is a bonus as well , as for setting up cable it the same as sly easy when you no how thanks to you no whos ,,,

Cheers jibbbbb , will keep cable in mind , cactikid thanks for explaining the deal with these backups , saved the image to hdd , but am more then happy with what I have and I now see your point reverting back if was to try new image cheers guys

Cheers jibbbbb , will keep cable in mind , cactikid thanks for explaining the deal with these backups , saved the image to hdd , but am more then happy with what I have and I now see your point reverting back if was to try new image cheers guys

. Second that mate with out these boys would have got a cheap box ,, like they said buy the best you can afford best advise I could give to anyone

---------- Post Merged at 06:55 PM ----------

. Second that mate with out these boys would have got a cheap box ,, like they said buy the best you can afford best advise I could give to anyone

Back