Starting over with s10. Help needed!!

cdy

Hi all,
I fitted an mk4 dish and bought an s10 about a year ago. It's been decent, but I've always had some glitching and freezing, almost always on sub channels. I realised a couple of months after I fitted the dish (once the season had changed) that a bush in my neighbour's garden may have been causing line-of-sight issues. Anyway, I finally got round to moving the dish this past weekend. However, since moving it I've lost over half my channels, and virtually all the sub channels that are working are glitching and/or regularly freezing.

Signal intensity on fta channels is generally 90% and signal quality 65%-70%, so no complaints there, however on sub channels, though 'intensity' is around 80%-90%, 'quality' is between 5%-40%. I'm on a private cline and a couple of friends use the same provider and are reporting no issues, so it seems to be either misaligned dish or box issue. Any advice and/or pointers?? It's driving me nuts!!!
Many thanks.

When you say that you moved the dish, I assume you mean that you relocated it, & didn't just realign it.

The fact that you have made reception worse by relocating it points to it not being aligned properly, or perhaps the cable was damaged or a connector came lose etc.

Whether a channel is a subbed channel or not shouldn't make any difference to the strength & quality. A scrambled channel & FTA channel on the same transponder should show the same sig & quality (e.g. $ky2 & Picktv should show equal strength & quality).

Is it possible to take the box to a friend's house & try it there?

When you say that you moved the dish, I assume you mean that you relocated it, & didn't just realign it.

The fact that you have made reception worse by relocating it points to it not being aligned properly, or perhaps the cable was damaged or a connector came lose etc.

Whether a channel is a subbed channel or not shouldn't make any difference to the strength & quality. A scrambled channel & FTA channel on the same transponder should show the same sig & quality (e.g. $ky2 & Picktv should show equal strength & quality).

Is it possible to take the box to a friend's house & try it there?

That's an idea ...
Actually, I've made some progress today in terms of signal quality ... I'm getting decent signal across the board, however, following the reflashing of my box the ncam is no longer working!! Arrggghhhhhh!!

Back