Starview - 12 more months! What you wanted to know!! The Show Must Go On

thekiddy

Hi guys as you probably all know or are worried about is how long the life of your sv box!

Well originally ever ones box was intended to have a life of 12 months but due to the unfortunate circumstances for the past 8 weeks, to keep all of the existing customers happy all boxes are expected to get 12 months from the point installation of the showmustgoon and enabling activation using 1819.

After the 12 months is up, does this mean we all have to buy a new box?

Seems like an awful waste of hardware to me if thats the case. Is there not some way to update renew the subscription?

Thanks

Obviously guys 12months is no guarantee due to the state of play although it is a guide line and a pretty accurate one at that! Not even kv can guarantee their duration! no one can, as they say "how long is a piece of string!"

but one thing I know for sure is, thing are being done to ensure customer satisfaction and more is being given than taken!

As for the rumours of stock piling! These are the same rumours put in place by the same persons that made the obvious false rumour of the death of the starview. Guess these guys know what there talking about!!! NOT!

Recently we where hearing throughout all the forums "RIP", "they will never come back online" ect!!! Well I'm sure they've just being proven wrong!!

Added after 16 minutes:

As for the post below posted by brainwave in digital kaos;

"This is laughable really how can they guarantee this, you can only take this on a day to day basis as it could go tomorrow who knows, same with any box, so to give a guarantee is pointless, but i suppose, they will never be seen as they type and put this on forums faceless and as we all know could disappear anytime change names etc."

No1 - Where in this thread did anyone actually use the word or statement guarantee!
No2 - please stop stalking me, If you have something to say u know wer I am!
No3 - I didn't disappear or change my name on DK I kept the same name ie thekiddy1,2,3,4 ect
No4 - where the hell do you get your numbers from?? I smell a rat or a Grass!

I could go on but my iPad battery is nearly dead! 10hours they guaranteed me :-S welleye!

Last edited:
so if they do last the 12 month will ther be a option for existing custumers to have a renewed sub or will that be the life spam of box? just curious

I'm unsure at this point my friend although I'm sure you'll be updated in due course that I can guarantee!

Anything could happen in the next 12months. Nuclear disasters, earth quakes, volcanos! Man made viruses, alien or zombie attacks. Only god knows! (or does he)

we will wait and see what happens remember the old starview were not 12 months so we may have a good chance with these boxes finger cross.

@ thekiddy. Is there any chance you can tell us when the software for the starview hd combo plus boxes will be out?

@ thekiddy. Is there any chance you can tell us when the software for the starview hd combo plus boxes will be out?

This has nothing to do with this thread, please join the many other's asking the same question here.

Thanks for this info bud but I think there just 1 question left to be answered concerning the SV 6/7 will there be PPV events such as Wrestlemania etc or if not every PPV can you atleast consider showing some PPV events such as Wrestlemania (these are 1 of the biggest events) on PPV.

The answer is in other threads mate but if you go onto channel 043 sly events its being advertised on there and when they do that you normally get it on the day as i have plenty of times with wrestling and boxing etc....

Sound like good news - just hope the rest of the channels start to come on in the near future -- as for this statement m8 - "how long is a piece of string!" - its always twice as long as it is from the middle to the end - lol.:cheesy grin:

these boxes were initially setup to be used for only 12 months, after that its just a guessing game, getting a year out of the starview is good enough for me. lol

these boxes were initially setup to be used for only 12 months, after that its just a guessing game, getting a year out of the starview is good enough for me. lol

have to agree with you j4v3d, as we all were unsure on the future of the box's, my guess because of the legal side of it all it would be a replacement box rather than a subscription update, as the box's are sold as free-views,

hi.

this 1819 thing doesnt seem to do anything on my starview 6 box i used the download from the step by step guide carling v1.00 is this correct

Back