Starview Rumour update!!!

Just bought myself a Kryptview as I cant be arsed with all the hassle of this.

I went to the shop to get my usb to 9 pin converter, which was the place I bought my Starview from, and another customer in the queue was saying he's heard that they will be back on on the 14th.

Now whether this is true or not I dont know or whether he meant the the year 2014th, your guess is as good as mine.

But I just thought I'd like to add all the circus that is Starview. yeehaa

until we have more confirmed information as to why these box's have gone down i dont want to get any other units yet as Kryptview could be next, so will sit this one out

you could have just posted in the existing threads in this section instead of opening yet another starview post.

Moderator is there any chance you can merge all these threads in to one?

From another tech site

Not trying to get anyones hopes up, but I was at the fair this saturday and spoke to the trader who sold me my sv7.

He said dont get rid of your box whatever you do cos he has spoken to his supplier who told him boxes will be back on within two weeks.

Reasons given:

People behind all this are too committed financially to let it all go down, there is currently over a million boxes involved and the stuff required to set it back up is being transported / set up as we speak.

I dont know about you but 1. the trader is not doing any trade in boxes at the moment (although he is selling other stuff) and 2. he wasnt in his interest to tell people to keep their old boxes and 3. his supplier said all previous boxes will come back on so all we can really do is wait and see...

From a different tech site

hello all the starview will be back step by step. first sky sports and asian channels by next week hoping all goes well and the rest will be over the month. belive me or not. lets keep this civil please. i wont take its not coming on because i know very different.
Last edited by youngie1; Today at 01:00 PM.

thxs tommy, hope your right m8.when/if they come back on do you think we will have2 install a new filmware & do a re-scan?

1956mjp I personally wouldn't mind a quick software update and Re-scan if SV goes back online, Hopefully there true and we start gettn channels very soon

yes, tommy that would be the least of our problemslol

Added after 6 minutes:

ps... love the new web-page

Last edited:
From another tech site

Not trying to get anyones hopes up, but I was at the fair this saturday and spoke to the trader who sold me my sv7.

He said dont get rid of your box whatever you do cos he has spoken to his supplier who told him boxes will be back on within two weeks.

Reasons given:

People behind all this are too committed financially to let it all go down, there is currently over a million boxes involved and the stuff required to set it back up is being transported / set up as we speak.

I dont know about you but 1. the trader is not doing any trade in boxes at the moment (although he is selling other stuff) and 2. he wasnt in his interest to tell people to keep their old boxes and 3. his supplier said all previous boxes will come back on so all we can really do is wait and see...

Of course it was he dont want to be given refunds thats why he told you that, its easier to spin people a yarn then to listen to them moaning about the box while he is trying to sell other stuff at his stall, as he would not want other people to hear you moaning and griping over stuff bad for business for him, its in his best interest to keep you happy for the sake of his other sales, and if was true it was coming back why is he no longer selling them if that is the case.

if they were that intested at getting the boxes back on Nagra 3 would of been sorted by now. just a thought.

Of course it was he dont want to be given refunds thats why he told you that, its easier to spin people a yarn then to listen to them moaning about the box while he is trying to sell other stuff at his stall, as he would not want other people to hear you moaning and griping over stuff bad for business for him, its in his best interest to keep you happy for the sake of his other sales, and if was true it was coming back why is he no longer selling them if that is the case.

Wrong sellers make a point g,tee of these box's are void if been tampered in any way, they are sold as freeviews and if over 30 days old are only in titled to a exchange unit like for like

Last edited:
we are all speculating here...... ....... dont think anyone know whats happening/going to happen, case of playing a waiting game or bricking the box :faint:

we are all speculating here...... ....... dont think anyone know whats happening/going to happen, case of playing a waiting game or bricking the box :faint:

dont brick the box, if you brick it and then the boxes come back on, imagine how you would feel. probably like this: :faint:

OK Guys,
Here is whats happening with SVHD LAN. I turn on channel 511 (SS1) and turn subtitles on. The subtitles show up. No picture or sound as yet, but I DO HAVE SUBTITLES. Anybody got any ideas if their boxes are doing the same?
This happens to SSN channel and the other sports. Any ideas? I have no idea if this is good news or at least encougaring, or indeed news at all! But I thought I'd share whats happening in Kent.

Cheers

Hi If posted that I have got all my channels working on Starview?

People would what I'm I doing & what I'm I using?

So why don't people just wait for the updates from the powers to b instead of opening post's left right & centre

BECAUSE THIS IS GETTING BORING NOW????

regards
Singhie
:idea:

Back