Still worth getting a zgemma for VM?

aathewolf

Noob to the zgemma world here, i have iptv on siptv and stb emu but wanted to know isit still worth getting a zgemma for vm line because i know its more reliable than iptv. I know virgin media might be changing there cardsharing or something like that. Any response welcome :)

all VM channels are still available except 8 of the HD sky sports channels
SS News and SS Mix are still available in Hd as are all the movies and other VM channels as well as in SD
No one knows when anything may change - there's still 100 channels available through a satellite dish on 28.2E but not sky movies or sky sport....BT Sports and lots of others still available and that 'went off' a long time ago. VM still has 98% of the channels it had 5 years ago, live and in HD

What box are you using for the iptv? - lots of boxes can utilise cable, doesn't have to be a zgemma

SS News and SS Mix are still available in Hd as are all the movies and other VM channels as well as in SD
No one knows when anything may change - there's still 100 channels available through a satellite dish on 28.2E but not sky movies or sky sport....BT Sports and lots of others still available and that 'went off' a long time ago. VM still has 98% of the channels it had 5 years ago, live and in HD

What box are you using for the iptv? - lots of boxes can utilise cable, doesn't have to be a zgemma
Its not a box, im using iptv through my smart tv

I do have virgin media internet so will i be able to get the channels with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not a box, im using iptv through my smart tv

I do have virgin media internet so will i be able to get the channels with it?

If you have a live VM cable coming into the house, yes, all the channels are live in that cable, you just need a cable box capable of deciphering them

'Later in the year' is all I've seen so far about boxes with cards being disabled but when later in year no one knows. My provider has not had anything from VM asking him to upgrade his box so who knows.

Look at it this way, a cheap zgemma h52tc will cost you £65, then add the cost of the line (monthly or 3 monthly) and compare that to price of official vm with all sports/movie channels. I dare say (not checked vm prices for while) if cable sharing lasts more than 1.5 to 2 months you would save money, if lasts longer then great, if not then you may lose a few quid but you will have a pvr box that will work on freesat (if you have dish) and freeview.

Back