Streaming directly to smart tv

Naan_H

Hi everyone,

I have a vu solo se v2 with twin cable tuner. I have also bought a Samsung nu7400 tv.

Is there a way I can stream channels to my Samsung tv without the need for a set top box ??

Thanks

If the tv is a smart tv then check in app library for smart tv or stb emu apps.
These will allow you to stream a paid for service direct to the tv.

Just to be clear , I would like to stream directly from my vu enigma2 cable box, I don’t want an iptv subscription. Do I still need to use the smart iptv app to do this?

Does your box and tv have cast compatability as you need cast to be able to cast to tv like I can cast from my phone to my tv same from pc to tv is that what you mean something like that unless there's an app you can connect too to do it from box

Just to be clear , I would like to stream directly from my vu enigma2 cable box, I don’t want an iptv subscription. Do I still need to use the smart iptv app to do this?
That makes no sense to me.
You said in post 1 you want to stream to tv without using a box, now you want to stream from the cable enigma box? stream what exactly?
if you mean e2iplayer content, then you should be able to do this already.
If you mean the cable channels, what have you been watching the VM channels on before?
If you mean stream, as in cast from the cable box to another device (the samsung) in addition to your main TV, Then id say no, i think enigma boxes can only stream to other boxes, they dont need a cable tuner so an old h2s would do the job but you said no STB so i doubt it

Sorry for the confusion. I have a twin tuner vu solo cable receiver next to my virgin modem and watch my main tv through this. I have just bought a Samsung tv and this is going up in our kitchen diner area we have built. It is wall mounted. I wanted to be able to watch Virgin On this new tv by using a tuner from my main box to stream directly to the new tv. It seems there is no native Samsung app to be able to stream from my box. There is dream player on android tv but that is not available to me.

Anyway using openwebif, I created a playlist ‘all channels’ from my vu solo and have uploaded this to my new tv using the smart iptv app. I am now able to stream from my vu solo directly to my new tv using the smart iptv app

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 37
Sorry for the confusion. I have a twin tuner vu solo cable receiver next to my virgin modem and watch my main tv through this. I have just bought a Samsung tv and this is going up in our kitchen diner area we have built. It is wall mounted. I wanted to be able to watch Virgin On this new tv by using a tuner from my main box to stream directly to the new tv. It seems there is no native Samsung app to be able to stream from my box. There is dream player on android tv but that is not available to me.

Anyway using openwebif, I created a playlist ‘all channels’ from my vu solo and have uploaded this to my new tv using the smart iptv app. I am now able to stream from my vu solo directly to my new tv using the smart iptv app
Are you sure about this?
You are watching VM channels using smart iptv app on second device? - I'm not sure this is possible?
how did you send the channel list to the TV mac address? - it requires a M3u normally

Are you sure about this?
You are watching VM channels using smart iptv app on second device? - I'm not sure this is possible?
how did you send the channel list to the TV mac address? - it requires a M3u normally

yes 100% sure. Its just 1 big channel list but it seems there is a way to have bouquets or groups made.

i just log into my Vu+ using openwebif on my PC. clicked all channels on the left hand side and clicked the TV icon to download the m3u playlist to my pc,

then go here

Playlist Upload

to upload the m3u playlist to my tv (the mac address is found within the SMART IPTV app):

Works over wifi at the moment but getting some CAT6 cables tomorrow to keep it wired and reduce buffering

I see, well this is a new one on me, thanks for the update.
Please be aware that the siptv app is not free - you can use it for a week as a free trial and then you have to pay approx 5 Euros for it at siptv website if you wish to continue using it

I see, well this is a new one on me, thanks for the update.
Please be aware that the siptv app is not free - you can use it for a week as a free trial and then you have to pay approx 5 Euros for it at siptv website if you wish to continue using it

yep am aware of the fee, tbh if it continues to work like this then it will be worth it. Im surprised i got it working first time of asking.

You and me both, I'm stunned it worked at all.
If SIPTV is taking the stream and sending it to the Sammy, see what happens if you turn the 'donor' box off, i doubt the TV will still receive the stream?
Is there no way of getting some kind of epg with the Samsung/siptv app?

The ‘donor’ box was on standby the whole time. I didn’t turn it off but it would deffo not work. There was an epg it was taking it off the main box I think

you can also install the dlnaserver plugin on your box and then your tv should detect it as a device that it can play although the tv will not have control to change channel, that would need to be done on the box I believe

Back