Streaming to iPhone/iPad/pc from h2s without being on same network

xt3mpzx

Streaming to iPhone/iPad/pc from h2s without being on same network

Does anyone have simple instructions on how to do this. Or is it not simple?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main thing with this is you need to setup an dns address , and open the appropriate ports on your router. So unless you are familiar with port forwarding, it maybe tricky for you.
Also if you are accessing from outside your network , you need to change the default password on your box.

Hi guys
Ive managed to set it up my box so that i can access from outside my network, but before i switch that on full time, i need to change the password. Can anyone point me in the right direction please. I just cant find the option. im using Wooshman build 3.03.

many thanks

Hi guys
Ive managed to set it up my box so that i can access from outside my network, but before i switch that on full time, i need to change the password. Can anyone point me in the right direction please. I just cant find the option. im using Wooshman build 3.03.

many thanks
I think you just login via telnet and use the command
passwrd
Then enter your new password
And enter again
That's from memory your best double checking

The main thing with this is you need to setup an dns address , and open the appropriate ports on your router. So unless you are familiar with port forwarding, it maybe tricky for you.
Also if you are accessing from outside your network , you need to change the default password on your box.

He doesn't "need" to setup a DNS
He would be able to do it without it

How?
Unless his isp has a static IP, which I very much doubt, how would he go about it?

Last edited:
How?
Unless his isp has a static IP, which I very much doubt, how would he go about it?

By putting in his public IP !
Which would stay the same if he left his router on...and even then most times it stays the same even after restarting

I beg to differ.
Well at least for me anyway .
I'm on sky fibre and the IP address changes fairly often.
Usually around a month or 2 .
I suppose it not a major problem for this use, if u use ur public IP, but I use my dns for other things where I would, or could get stuck not being able to access my router etc.
I also have a free dns with my Asus router , so for me it it wasn't so bad [emoji4][emoji1303]

I beg to differ.
I suppose it not a major problem for this use, if u use ur public IP, but I use my dns for other things where I would, or could get stuck not being able to access my router etc.
I also have a free dns with my Asus router , so for me it it wasn't so bad [emoji4][emoji1303]

Not saying it's a issue but just pointing out that you don't "need" to have a DNS to use this feature like you said :)

I beg to differ.

Why have you changed from the sky router btw ?
I'm on sky fibre and thought about a different router but mine seems to do OK for now.

Well 2 reasons really, I kept getting wifi dropouts , and I was having problems port forwarding , and when I contacted sky they told me they don't support port forwarding, and so even though the router was faulty, they would not change it.[emoji36]
So I purchased the Asus dsl - ac68u. Got to say, it's been brill, and wifi far better.[emoji1303]
3d3fbf7349b0dae95b5cb2723bec7e45.jpg

Well 2 reasons really, I kept getting wifi dropouts , and I was having problems port forwarding , and when I contacted sky they told me they don't support port forwarding, and so even though the router was faulty, they would not change it.[emoji36]
So I purchased the Asus dsl - ac68u. Got to say, it's been brill, and wifi far better.[emoji1303]
3d3fbf7349b0dae95b5cb2723bec7e45.jpg

Might have a look I could do with one with more Ethernet connections.
I can't be bothered with a hub the back of the TV already looks a cabled mess !

Can u buy any with more than 4 Ethernet ports?

I'm the same I hate seeing cables!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Can u buy any with more than 4 Ethernet ports?

I'm the same I hate seeing cables!! [emoji23][emoji23]

I only have 3 usable ports, I think I must have a early version of router as I have a modem also that plugs into the router so that takes one of the ports

Why not just buy an 8 port switch, that way you only have one connection to a router and everything else can communicate without having to go through the router, routers are not ideal for handling a lot of traffic around a network really,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't figure out how to do it. I got the vu+ player app on my phone.
Is there a video or anything I can follow to get it to work on mobile internet ?

Back