Streaming

contracts34

I originally had one H2S in the lounge which I had set up via open webif to stream to Kodi on my PC. I have since added a second H2S in another room. As streaming uses up one of the available channels I would like that to be run from my second box. My question is, can it be set up to use the second box and not box one which is connected to my main TV.

I've had a look in the settings but can't see any obvious changes. :willy nilly:

I haven't tried it but wouldn't it be just a matter of setting it up using the ip address of the second box?

That was what I would have thought, but the only way I got it to work last time was by using IPTV Simple Client, which didn't ask for the IP address of the box, and there is no facility in the settings to input it. That's why I'm confused .

Has anyone any idea why openwebif on my pc won't open vlc media player when I click on a channel to strea
m it opens groove music the first time I clicked on the channel it opened on vlc but now just opens groove music ?
Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

It sounds like windows has decided that groove music is your default player/application for that file type, this can be changed but I am on a linux laptop at the moment so can't tell you how exactly sorry.

Has anyone any idea why openwebif on my pc won't open vlc media player when I click on a channel to strea
m it opens groove music the first time I clicked on the channel it opened on vlc but now just opens groove music ?
Cheers

---------- Post Merged at 07:41 PM ----------

That was what I would have thought, but the only way I got it to work last time was by using IPTV Simple Client, which didn't ask for the IP address of the box, and there is no facility in the settings to input it. That's why I'm confused .
If you type the ip address of your second box into your web browser does the webif load up OK? it should do.

Normally in your downloads folder

---------- Post Merged at 10:27 PM ----------

If you can't find one. Just make a blank one in notepad. Save it as a m3u somewhere

Sorted it setting set default player to vlc apart from freezing and really bad pixels my pc is on wifi might need home plugs ?

Cheers

.[/QUOTE]
If you type the ip address of your second box into your web browser does the webif load up OK? it should do.[/QUOTE]

Yes webif loads no problem. I just can't find a setting where I can input the ip address of the second box so that the stream comes from that box

Back