Stuck on boot loop?

Jafo666

Hi everyone hoping someone has a straight forward answer for this:

I have a star 2s which shows the loading percentage on the LCD screen and shows the OPENATV image on the TV.

However it just keeps looping, it has the MTPOCKETS image installed if that helps.

Before re-flashing i thought i would ask incase anyone has had this issue before, and what may have caused it??

Thanks

Did mtpockets not say make sure hdd is set up correctly or it could do that. Apologies if it is.

It has been working for weeks so I guess I set it all up correctly, my other box is fine so maybe just a glitch...? Will flash it tonight and report back.

Well after getting in from work i tried the following and it made no difference:

Removing the USB and turning the box on
Re-Flashing the box with the MTPOCKETS image using various USB sticks and formatting etc.
Re-Flashing the box with the SUCMNSEE image using various USB sticks and formatting etc.
Re-Flashing the box with the standard OPENATV image from the Zgemma Website using various USB sticks and formatting etc.
Reformat a good quality USB stick using a "Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool" and then trying to flash the images again.
Turning the box off and on various times
Throwing it out the window... (No not yet anyway haha)

So far nothing i have tried has worked, really starting to pull my hair out with this one.

Remove all cables and usbs except for the power.
Any better?
As a last resort u could try running bootloader from zgemma .tv before trying flash again.
I take it ur main prob now is it wont take the flash?
Or is it flashed and still looping?

First of all a massive thank you for the help sucmnsee, the box seemed as if it was taking the flash but it was as if it wasnt actually overwriting ALL of the files to the box, with the OPENATV image it would just show that on the TV screen, when using yours it was just a completely black screen so it was doing something but just not right;

Incase it helps others here is what i think worked:

Perform a low level format using a good quality USB stick (Does take a while), then perform a standard format of the USB stick (But not a quick format)
Then download the boot loader which is in the star 2s section from the zgemma .tv site
Flash this onto the box and once complete turn the box off unplugging all cables an removing the USB
Perform a standard format of the USB again (But not a quick format)
Place the image folder "Zgemma" on the USB stick and plug into the rear port on the box, then connect all other cables and perform a flash
Once complete it may still seem as if it hasn't worked but just leave it for 5 minutes and hopesully it will boot up.

After lots of reading someone has mentioned these boxes are very sensitive to power surges and that lighting can cause the loss of memory within the box. It may be advisable to use a surge protector if you have a lot of thunder storms / issues after having one.

Hope this helps someone else....

Thanks

P.S Am i right in saying using the sucmnsee image shouldn't cause any bricking issues unless like an idiot i choose to upgrade the firmware over the air instead of using a newer updated image made by you?

Thanks again and goodnight haha,

Yeh its a safe image as long as u dont online update. Its turned off anyway.
But even if u did its just a case of flashing again. No biggy :)

Hi wonder if anyone can help me, had an issue with my Zgemma star 2s, been running it on sucmnsee image, but it keeps coming up with a vix core plugin error, it's then gets stuck on boot load loop, I then have to turn box off to get it to load. I have tried reflashing box with same image and then a different image still the same I then did a bootlaod and reflashed still the same, any ideas? Cheers

Have you tried setting up to view outside of network? I have before and I had to factory reset router then reflash box

tried a low level format and didnt work. dont know the brand of memory. going to try my original sandisk but the problem here is its 32gb which will take time to format. Hopefully it will do the job

When doing both formats, hddguru first then windows, be sure to untick the quick option in both.

Will do, that's what I done originally with the non branded ones (*2). neither worked originally so tried to format the box which got stuck in a loop. I've now reverted to the sandisk cruiser 32gb which I flashed my original box with but its going to take 3 hours to format. ill give it another go in the morning. Failing that ill go out any but a new flash drive. Its got to be the usb drives causing the problem

U know u can send file to /hdd/imagebackups and install via menu?
No need for usb flash if u can access menus

Ah yeh sorry

no probs, will do that next time though seems the sensible way to do it. don't think ive done any serious damage as I can ftp into the box also none of the drives were working originally to flash before getting stuck. Hopefully it will be sorted tomorrow with a clear head.

Finally got the USB drive formatted after 6 hours. Put the new image on and flash worked immediately. Box is now running perfect with the new software. Thanks for all the help

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Back