Stuck on boot loop?

How did you get past the 'Looping'? I've got a box the exact same and I'm not able to use USB FLASH, it's not recognised

---------- Post Merged at 06:30 PM ----------

How did you get past the 'Looping'? I've got a box the exact same and I'm not able to use USB FLASH, it's not recognised

Hi you need a usb stick format to fat you must use a usb stick 32gb or below I used a 4 gb and format as fat on pc then put the zgemma file on the usb plug in the back turn off box power on box and keep pressing the front on/off button and it should say flsh then let it flash and once its done remove the usb stick before reboot or it will just flash again

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Hi, I know it's an old thread but I thought I'd let you know that you can still access all of the files and folders when it's stuck in boot. The easiest way is using FileZilla or your ftp of choice as openweb won't be or should not be accessible. From there you can add or remove files, if you have a back up you can just replace the faulty boot files which then removes the loop and returns the box to normal working order. The loop can even be caused when performing a factory reset if any type of problem occurs, this is the easiest and fastest way to fix the box if you can't reflash it successfully.
Hope that helps.

hi guys I'm stuck in this dreaded loop ...tried reformatting the usb several times but just cant get into it argh.....help please

Hi derby4life, after formatting sub drives a few times the file structure doesn't always fully convert, that then requires a full low level format. I adding a link to an easy to use free formatting tool for you, after you perform the low level format (llf) you need to create the partition and structure it to FAT32, you can either use hdd guru or Windows own disk management tool, after doing that put your image onto the sub stick making sure the folder names and levels are correct and that they don't have an extra containing folder. One last thing that helps is changing a file name on the image from Noforce to force, that ensures that the image loads, most cases it's not needed and will auto load but it's better safe than sorry. HDDGURU: HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool

Hi, goto the info tab and then select softcam panel, manage cam. For a N line mgcamd works best though you can get away with using the c line option however it's not as stable. If mgcamd is not showing select the add option and look for mgcamd 1.38 Click add then from manage enter you line details save then click restart line and it should be working by the time you exit the menu. For a C line use one of the Ccc options.

You can also transfer the line details via a file transfer protocol or FTP software if your happy using one. If you do make sure the file text for the Newcamd.list file uses this format - this format:

CWS = Server password xxxx 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Don't use N at the start as you would C for the older C lines.

First of all a massive thank you for the help sucmnsee, the box seemed as if it was taking the flash but it was as if it wasnt actually overwriting ALL of the files to the box, with the OPENATV image it would just show that on the TV screen, when using yours it was just a completely black screen so it was doing something but just not right;

Incase it helps others here is what i think worked:

Perform a low level format using a good quality USB stick (Does take a while), then perform a standard format of the USB stick (But not a quick format)
Then download the boot loader which is in the star 2s section from the zgemma .tv site
Flash this onto the box and once complete turn the box off unplugging all cables an removing the USB
Perform a standard format of the USB again (But not a quick format)
Place the image folder "Zgemma" on the USB stick and plug into the rear port on the box, then connect all other cables and perform a flash
Once complete it may still seem as if it hasn't worked but just leave it for 5 minutes and hopesully it will boot up.

After lots of reading someone has mentioned these boxes are very sensitive to power surges and that lighting can cause the loss of memory within the box. It may be advisable to use a surge protector if you have a lot of thunder storms / issues after having one.

Hope this helps someone else....

Thanks

P.S Am i right in saying using the sucmnsee image shouldn't cause any bricking issues unless like an idiot i choose to upgrade the firmware over the air instead of using a newer updated image made by you?

Thanks again and goodnight haha,

SOLVED
Thanks for this, I tried all of the above with moderate success. My experience was that before the box would crash, the GUI would become slow in responding to my remote inputs and the little circle animation would show all too frequently. After replacing the boot loader and re-flashing all seemed a little better, faster response time from the GUI and swap file installation was much quicker, however as I was finishing off the set up procedure, yes you guessed, it crashed. So as I started to remove all the cables again I noticed something quite not right. A small clear plastic film had started to come away from the bottom side edge of the box, have I been that stupid, as I started to peel away the clear plastic film away from the box I felt a little stupid. In my defense, I wear glasses and my next (much needed it seems) eye test is due soon. If anyone reads this and hasn't removed the clear film protective layer to improve the ventilation by probably 100%, your secret is safe, just remove it and pretend it never happened, mine however is not and I have exposed my stupidity to all to help those other people suffering with less than perfect eyesight!

Back