Subtitle settings

soberish

Just flashed my new 2s with sucmnsee image and was wondering if anyone can help me with the subtitle options. On my F5s the subtitles were in a black box with the words inside. However having messed with the settings a bit I still can't get them like that on the 2s. I swapped my feed back into F5s to check the subtitles on the program I was watching and they were as they should be, black box background with writing inside. The subs on 2s are late and only have a small border around the letters and very intermittent.

I realise this maybe an odd question to most but some of us need / want subtitles we can see and read whilst watching something.

I just hope I haven't wasted money and time (more than I thought) on a new box. It's the digital subtitles that I need instead of the 888 service ones.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hiya. I don't use vix but I know there is subtitles settings as I've used them. Can't get to my box right now so this may seem a bit of an odd way of doing it but if you connect to your box with openwebif ( just type your boxes ip into an Internet browser. The interface is the same for all images so should help still. ) then go to settings. Then subtitle settings you will see this screen
image.jpg

Possibly your dvb subtitle black transparency is set to 100%. You can tweak other setting for the subs there also.

Cheers Matt_E, I can get into subtitle settings but it only appears to show digital subtitles on FTA channels, all other channels use the 888 service which is pants. If any one can take a photo of the subtitle settings page (if you haven't changed anything) and post it please ?? Have changed loads of settings but to no avail.

In menu , setup, system, auto language selection there is an option to prefer DVB subtitles, is that any use? I don't use subtitles, don't even know how turn them on....many options lol

Tried that gmangt4 but still doesn't find DVB subtitles. I know its only a little thing that most people don't use but on all pay channels the only option for subtitles is the 888 service. Thank You very much for help.

Back