Suddenly buffering

I have a Z10 and a 4k Firestick but just recently I am receiving continual buffering about every 5 mins or so, although the buffering is intermittant it is becoming annoying when watching live sport. I have the units in both my lounge and bedroom and have paid subscriptions on each.
After checking with my neighbours who also have a similar system to me with the same suppliers, they are not receiving the same issue as i am.
I have checked the internet speed and all is well and all my units are connected via ethernet cable to my router. The router is only two years old and I have done a full reboot and uninstalled and reinstalled everything including taking out all cables from the router and gradually introducing them back to see if one of the other items plugged into the router could be causing a conflict but to no avail.
Anybody got any ideas please

Have you tried using a VPN, you never said? You may be getting 'throttled' by your ISP, if you are using a VPN try turning it off and see if that makes a difference.

Although people talk about throttleing it is rare because the isp would be paying out compensation.

It could be though your speeds are not nice and steady and going up and down quite a bit.

The fix to this is use a VPN. You said your neighbours have a simular setup and it's fine. So you can rule out a supplier issue.

Look at your neighbours setup exactly inuding hardware and apps to see if there is a difference.

Thanks for all your advice its really appreciated.
But just to confuse the issue even more I have logged in using my neighbours details and I did not get any issues, but as soon as i changed back to my log in details the issue starts. The only difference is that they are using a different server address to mine, so I guess its the server I am using that is causing the issues.
I have suspected throttling for some time, I live in Spain and have issue with throttling before but you cannot prove it.
I tried with a VPN but it slowed down my whole system so much so not sure that would help
Not sure what 'nanny' setting are or how to check

If neighbour is near enough try their WiFi if they are willing to share or take your Z10/Firestick to their house and try.
I have tried their connection on my system and theirs works fine so I guess it could be the server I am using which is a different one to theirs

I dont know what a nanny setting is or how I can check
I think they mean parental controls or network filters, if it works with your hardware on a different ISP from your neighbour then it points to your ISP being the issue.

To check the filters, login to your router (normally http://192.168.1.1) with the username and password printed on the back of the router and have a look around. Google the model if you can't find the setting.

Also, login to your ISP web account and see if there are any settings there.

Thanks for all your advice its really appreciated.
But just to confuse the issue even more I have logged in using my neighbours details and I did not get any issues, but as soon as i changed back to my log in details the issue starts. The only difference is that they are using a different server address to mine, so I guess its the server I am using that is causing the issues.

Sounds like an issue with your server if you are not getting issues with your neighbours line. Maybe try your box in your neighbours house and see if you get the issue. Not sure why you would have different server addresses if you are with the same supplier? Maybe ask your provider.

Do you get buffering if you unplug one of your devices and try the other one?

I have suspected throttling for some time, I live in Spain and have issue with throttling before but you cannot prove it.
I tried with a VPN but it slowed down my whole system so much so not sure that would help
Not sure what 'nanny' setting are or how to check
What sort of speed broadband do you have?

Sounds like an issue with your server if you are not getting issues with your neighbours line. Maybe try your box in your neighbours house and see if you get the issue. Not sure why you would have different server addresses if you are with the same supplier? Maybe ask your provider.

Do you get buffering if you unplug one of your devices and try the other one?

What sort of speed broadband do you have?
Could have different sever addresses if one is using user and pass and the other been a Mac line and also most suppliers has multiple dns which will still point to the same.
@HappyHotspur is there any updates for your formuler box also what is buffer time set to in mol2.
Have you tried just one device playing with the other device turned off if no buffering whilst one device is off then power the 2nd device on and see if it starts to buffer.
Your friend is with the same supplier so can’t see it been supplier issue.
Have you thought about getting a trial from a different provider as may help narrow your issues down your having

Could have different sever addresses if one is using user and pass and the other been a Mac line and also most suppliers has multiple dns which will still point to the same.
@HappyHotspur is there any updates for your formuler box also what is buffer time set to in mol2.
Have you tried just one device playing with the other device turned off if no buffering whilst one device is off then power the 2nd device on and see if it starts to buffer.
Your friend is with the same supplier so can’t see it been supplier issue.
Have you thought about getting a trial from a different provider as may help narrow your issues down your having
To be honest I gave up with MOL2 and use another one that I have a premium connection with. Sorry if I sound vague or confusing but I really dont understand much about suppliers and servers except when they inform me that I need to change the http address
My friend is with the same supplier but a different http address

If you test your box at your neighbours and it works , it's your house issue , if it does not then it's your TV supplier issue.... Or your device maybe...

Alternatively check their box In your house .

During the footy season esp 3pm kick offs is the worst, when isp(virgin) target . But even then I have known some customers get effected and some don't even when they have the same setup ( device and IPTV http supplier) .

Last edited:
Trouble is I suspect throttling but cannot prove it and I have to use the router supplied by my ISP which is locked to their settings

Back