Switch Emulation - RyuJinx/Yuzu

thebesh

TK Supporter
I used to own a Nintendo Switch and ended up selling it as I couldn't stand how small the joy con sticks and buttons were. I'm very average sized and I don't know how any adult can comfortably use them. Years ago I used Cemu emulator on my Gaming PC and it worked reasonably well, but there was some glitching and gameplay wasn't so smooth.

When Mario Wonder came out on Switch I was tempted to buy a Switch again and looked at various options for 3rd party joy cons with bigger buttons/controls. In the end I decided to try the emulation path again and I'm SO glad I did. I had tested out RyuJinx about a year ago, with similar results to Cemu. Bit jittery and frames dropping. I went and updated the firmware used by the emulator and I'm very impressed with the results. I tested on 2 x machines. My Gaming PC (i9 12900 + RTX 3080Ti) and all games play flawlessly + Macbook Air M1 - which plays very well, but a little stuttery at the start. The stutters are due to your local machine needing to compile shaders for objects. My Gaming PC is powerful enough to do this on the fly, but my MacBook Air glitches a little when this happens. The good news is that all the compiled shaders are saved and after an hour or so of playing, the stuttering disappears and you get a solid 60 fps.

Instead of buying a Switch. I'm using RyuJinx on my Macbook Air with my PS5 controller. Not only is it a bigger screen to play on, but I'm using a proper controller. The games are from popular torrent site (so they are free as well). I expected it to run well on my Gaming PC, but I'm so surprised how well it runs on a MacBook Air.

If you are interested then you can use the following link to get the Prod keys and Firmware needed to run RyuJinx here

Yeah, both emulators do a nice job. But Ryu Jinx seems to be better updated than Yuzu. I don't even think you need as powerful a machine as what you have to run switch games. Only game that i can't get to run correctly is the new MK1. Have you managed to get this to run properly? Its runs but there a weird polygon problems with it and starting a match takes forever.

I've not tested MK1 on RyuJinx. I'll download an try it. Emulation will require a more powerful machine than the Switch, as the Emulator is an abstraction layer from the host operating system and has to translate all the calls being made.
I mainly play the Mario games. I did download Zelda (Tears of the Kingdom) to test, as I think it will be quite resource intensive to run. I'll let you know how it goes

Back