Talk Talk You View

adammcd02

Hi friends,

I have now exhausted all possible cable and satellite options at my new rented flat and have decided that it would be best to go with the Talk Talk TV, Broadband and Phone package. The You View box seems ok and you can boost it with sky packages, all be it for £30 per month for Sky Sports!!! Doeas anyone have any opinions, good or bad, on the You View box or the Talk Talk service.

Thanks.

Has your flat got "free sat" face plates
already installed in your rooms ?

Have you got a big shared sat dish on the roof of your the flats ?

or is it more of a converted house type of flat ?

Would it be possible to put a sat dish up ?
They don't have to be up high, if you can
it might be worth having a little read here

Last edited:
A few weeks ago, I visited a friend of mine in South London. He lives in a rented flat which was privately developed and now managed by a letting company. He is not allowed to put up a sat-dish and this is part of his tenancy contract. Fortunately he gets Virgin Media so he's not too fussed. However I noticed his neighbour had what appeared to be a Sly Dish mounted on something like a tripod stand. He placed this stand in the kitchen window in the evenings and I assume he must be getting Sly TV off it. Was curious to know if one could get Sly TV from what appears to be a portable satellite dish. I know the LNB has to be pointed in the right direction, but just wondering if this set-up delivers what it supposed to.

I cant see any reason why not krazy dude, as we have people on here who have caravans/ campervans and they set up every night that they land in a new site. once the "view" of the sat by the dish isn't blocked.

i had talktalk for a month what a nightmare kept on losing internet 2 openboxes kept glitchin so changed to tesco broadband and what a diffrence if u do want the youview box go with bt

I cant see any reason why not krazy dude, as we have people on here who have caravans/ campervans and they set up every night that they land in a new site. once the "view" of the sat by the dish isn't blocked.

Yes you are right. I think this is a good workaround for guys who want sly and are unable to put up a sly dish due to some restrictions.

Back