Tamworth no channls

supaduper

Hi guys m8 rang me he is in tamworth uses NTL and Lichfield ID, after the last update no channels,so went round with my box and checked a few things, I did a Box to Box update then reconncted,still no good not picking up the ID`s on scan checked his signal and its now around 56 on strength are Vermin reducing signals?
Also checked cables ethernet router ,splitter,also tried my good box.
Did a connection straight from the wall no splitters still same.
Anyone from Tamworth had same prob?
Any ideas guys? cheers

did you check for area faults/ kv have brought back more channels and more to come,a very low signal you have.

yes bud I checked that no faults in the Area, he has a subbed box working no probs so is it something to do with the last update? something left out for the Tamworth ID or something? everything just seems to lead to the update because all well before but nothing after it

yes bud I checked that no faults in the Area, he has a subbed box working no probs so is it something to do with the last update? something left out for the Tamworth ID or something? everything just seems to lead to the update because all well before but nothing after it
can he double check his net id from sub box as vermin do like to shuffle things about.. Or if all fails a manual flash with a null should put you straight..and ps all channels good in deep essex..!!

hi my mate also has the same issuie.have flashed his box via mine and also reflashed via null still doesn't work and cant even find area id eg Lichfield.normal vm box works it has stopped since the lastest update all worked fine before have even put the previous flash on still have the issuies.box works in Wolverhampton scanning under telewest.

try scanning under a different provider and from main coaxial wall feed,factory reset 0000 to delete then power off at rear for 30 secs then on rescan.

try getting the net id off vm box that is working
thought it might have been ntl area,maybe factory reset/rescan again.

Last edited:
Using your subbed box... Not the KV box.

Press the home button on your VM remote control.
Go to settings.
Then technical stuff.
Your net id is the first item on the list.

that confirms your area and choose that when net id comes up.

please bear in mind that when it does the network scan it does not find Lichfield etc

Dont waste your time like my mate in Tamworth I have tried everthing and I do know what I am doing,I am 100% sure there is an error in the update software pertaining to Tamworth,what I am am going to do is wait for the next update and do a BOx To BOx transfer and see if has been sorted

please bear in mind that when it does the network scan it does not find Lichfield etc
Which is why you need the net id number from a sub box in your road if you aint got one.. you cant rely on area name as i have 4 for basildon but only 1 gives me all the channels and that one matches my net id.

I did a scan about a week ago and it was 74/74

---------- Post Merged at 11:08 PM ----------

I did a scan about a week ago and it was 74/74

---------- Post Merged at 11:10 PM ----------

74/74 on telew

---------- Post Merged at 11:11 PM ----------

74/74 on telew

I knew they would all come out 1 after the other.. i am on BT brdbnd and and just using the old telew feed as my signal so not using anything from vermin

Back