Tandberg, Oscam-EMU, Edision OS MEGA - openvix

notdave

Got my Edision Os mega yesturday. Have been working on it trying to get oscam-emu working on it... I think I may have managed this but I really am not sure, how do I check if I am using an emu patch?

also there is so many files in oscam, it is making my head spin... though at least I am learning something.

I was wondering if anyone has Tandberg working on this receiver, and if so what image are they using, did they use the guide for getting oscam-emu into openvix from this site or somewhere else? What settings do I need to add to make sure the relevant files are all pointing in the right direction.

Managed to get Tandberg working using an ipk for vix which I found in a thread somewhere called " EMU Cams IPK for Image (BlackHole, PLI, VTI, VIX, ATV) " and that seemed to do the trick. Now have to work out how to get PowerVu and Biss running on it as currently I have not got a clue which bits should go where and how.

Anyway, hope the Tandberg info helps someone.

Sorted, now got it working without restreaming... restreaming wasn't good so it pushed me a bit.
in oscam.conf you need...
[streamrelay]
stream_relay_enabled = 0
and under [dvbapi] you also need...
extended_cw_api = 1

Now managed to get a TNTSAT card working, took me a long time to realise the chip on the card faces down.
I am extremely happy with this box, my last was a technomate 5402 M3, I was concerned this box wasn't going to be able to do everything that one could, but it can, and more as the 5402 never managed to do my TNT V6 card. Yes it was a learning curve that was frustrating at times, but now it is done, and I have learned some new stuff... I am like a cat with cream.

Well done on getting Powervu working without streamrelay.... I'm really struggling trying to get AFN on 9e. I'm on OSCAM-EMU - can you point me in the direction? I thought I had it sussed but am getting this in the live log:

2017/03/31 22:33:45 60BDF15F r [Emu] Key found in EMM: P 0002 00 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; UA: 57B90F
2017/03/31 22:33:45 60BDF15F r [Emu] Key found in EMM: P 0002 01 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; UA: 57B90F
2017/03/31 22:33:45 60BDF15F r (reader) emulator [emu] Newstead emmtype=unique, len=155 (hex: 0x9B), cnt=1: written (13 ms)
2017/03/31 22:33:45 60BDF15F r (reader) emulator [emu] Newstead emmtype=unique, len=101 (hex: 0x65), cnt=1: written (0 ms)
2017/03/31 22:33:49 4C27185C c (dvbapi) Demuxer 1 no enabled matching ecmpids -> decoding is waiting for matching readers!

I must be pretty close as I get the first frame when switching to the channel.

Any ideas or help would be gratefully appreciated :)

Are you trying to autoroll that?
I use this format...
P 0002 00 XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
P 0002 01 XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Is that the format you are using?

I will add this, that might help others reading if not yourself...
Oscam reads the files from the bottom up, sometimes it will find another P 0002 and it will try to use that instead and fail. I have just been popping semi-colons ; infront of the lines I want to cancel... However, on reading up the format oscam-emu uses, I should be about to put a number in front like this...
P 0002 00 for srvid one
P 10002 00 for srvid two
P 20002 00 for srvid three
To tell oscam that these are separate srvids, and are not the same. I have not tried this, but reading up through various things, there is a possibility that syntax is what was intended.

PS, I will have a go at auto-update tomorrow, and see if I can get it to roll.

Last edited:
Are you trying to autoroll that?
I use this format...
P 0002 00 XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
P 0002 01 XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Is that the format you are using?

Yes, I'm trying to autoroll but really struggling and haven't a clue what I'm doing - it's probably something really daft I've missed. Do you have a guide you could point me to (something for a simpleton like me!) ?

there is a thread called "How to get PowerVu AutoRoll working with Oscam and Dreambox" that has been running now for over a year on another forum, not sure of the rules in regard to sending folks to other forums but google should find it (other search engines are available).

I have just messed up my box... My word those batteries they give you with the remote are a bit weak. Replaced them with some from another remote... still did not work. Decided then it must be the image, so ran a back up... opps, did not filezilla my oscam settings... Turns out, the remote needs a lot more power than weak batteries that might work in some remotes. I love the remote, but will need to be good at keeping the charge up now i know.

OK, getting tandberg running was easy because of the ipk in the " EMU Cams IPK for Image (BlackHole, PLI, VTI, VIX, ATV) " thread (so glad I posted that, it came in handy). But powervu took a little more work.
I made sure that I set the settings above..
in oscam.conf you need...
[streamrelay]
stream_relay_enabled = 0
and under [dvbapi] you also need...
extended_cw_api = 1

Now, to get things running I first deleted everything in oscam.server and SoftCam.Keys so I could concentrate on trying different things to get powervu working (not AU but just keys).

In SoftCam.Keys used this format. I will use the channel "Coral TV2 - PVU6" on 4.8e to explain, it uses an SiS key.
P 0017 00 KEY-GOES-HERE
P 0017 01 KEY-GOES-HERE

I used the following reader in oscam.server
[reader]
label = oscam_emu
protocol = emu
device = emulator
caid = 0D00,0D02,090F,0500,1801,0604,2600,FFFF,0E00,4AE1
detect = cd
ident = 0D00:000000,000004,000010,000014,000020,0000C0,0000C4,0000C8 ,0000CC;0D02:000000,00008C,0000A0,0000A4,0000A8;090F:000000; 0500:000000,030B00,023800,021110,007400,007800;1801:000000,0 07301,001101;0604:000000;2600:000000;FFFF:000000;0E00:000000 ;4AE1:000000
group = 1

A bit of over kill in there, but it seems to work.

And that got powervu going on that channel. You can of course find key files, but I thought it was best for me, and anyone else new to this method, to strip it down a bit and see how it works.

Many thanks for the info...LMAO I'd been viewing the same thread but then there's a lot in there that's contradictory. I'll try going back to basics too to see if I can sort it, I can't see anything different to your set up from mine so will give the same channel you've used later a go to test. Perhaps it's just the keys I have.

broken forms of encryption, not generally used for direct to home. People like myself view them as a challenge, rarely watch the telly LOL, just like making a box do a bit more stuff with a motorised dish. Lets be honest, almost everything you can view is just a few mouse clicks away with a fast internet connection if you want to watch programs... but the hobby of making a box do stuff without needing a constant stream of data from the internet is rewarding mentally, if a little frustrating. Its like sudoku, but for satellite enthusiasts.

Last edited:
Is it a difficult thing to do? Been slowly gathering the stuff I need to build a motorised setup so interested to see what I can do.

Adding to the oscam.server reader, I added 1010 to the caid and 1010:000000 to the ident to make it use the SoftCam.Key for Tandberg. Also, noticed that in the softcam file I had that there was another "T 0003", just stuck a semicolon ; in front of the one I didn't one for the time being.

Janso, if you just want to watch some telly, it might seem like a real pain. When I was a kid, before I was a teenager, I used to spend hours with a radio trying to pull signals in, going from room to room, trying different locations.... still do this actually. When I was a very young teenager I saved up and bought the cheapest second hand telly I could (the picture was green) and spent many long nights moving antennas around trying to get long distance television, which was rarely watchable, but if I saw a logo on the screen that was enough for me. Then I got a dish, and had lots of fun with that, but fell out of love with the hobby and and now back into it. For me, inputting codes is a lot like when I was a kid, same thing, better rewards if I am honest. Less physical work, once the dish is set up, more mental work.

If you are just getting in to it, and are not sure if you can deal with the frustration but like the idea of watching extra stuff... Then there are non-linux boxes that can do most of the stuff. The Technomate TM 5402 M3 (thats the mark 3) can do tandberg and powervu, and you just need to change the firmware and input the odd code via the remote or send a file over using a usb stick. It is also well supported on some forums. The guys on this forum might be able to suggest other receivers that are non-linux that can do the job too. The advantage of the Edision OS Mega is it can do more stuff, like kodi for instance, and also freeview channels, can link up more dishes to it, can emulate a lot of other boxes (such as a tntsat box so I can use a french free to view card in it) and so on.

Its a great hobby, very rewarding, but do not expect friends to be very impressed because as far as they are concerned they can get most of what we can get at the click of a mouse button, they will frown when you tell them you are watching something in some strange language wondering why you too are not just clicking a mouse button.

A bit of both really. I'd like to be able to see what I can watch on foreign channels, but I do love faffing about with stuff. I'm sure I'll do some more reading on it when I'm in a position to actually start pulling in foreign satellites.

Even with a free to air box, with a motor, you can get eurosport in german, sport1 in german, RTL for F1 racing in german and super tennis in italian very easily as they are all free to view. A linux box does not have to be complex if you do not want it to be. You can add to the complexity and go deeper into it all as time goes on. I know people with linux boxes that never touch them, they managed to get them set up fairly easily and know enough to know not to mess about with it. There are people out there today that can not watch Eurosport, because sky stepped up the encryption... ironically if they had a dish pointing at 19.2 they could watch it for free, and the F1, and the darts, but it would be in german. I am impressed with this box, and have heard good things about the Edision Mini too, but the guys on this forum will be able to suggest a few others I am sure. Motors are cheap for what you get out of them, the price difference between a cheap one and an expensive one is minimal. Both will work fine, the cheaper ones usually have plastic cogs, go for metal ones though. Any dish will do to start. A small dish will get lots of satellites.

Back