tech help

mrxbox360

hi if any tech needed im a former virgin media tech/installer so any questions feel free to ask & ill try to answer them for you.

If I have broadband via virgin but no tv subscription will i get FTA channels if i just plug a box in or do they need to activate ?

If I have broadband via virgin but no tv subscription will i get FTA channels if i just plug a box in or do they need to activate ?

Yes,

You should. The feed will be connected in the drop box and be live.

If you connect a standard or V+ set top box which has the correct netid and symbol rate set for your area then all should be ok.

There is a netid list for areas in the sticky section, check it gainst your area and you should be ok.

Hi,
How can I boost my Virgin signal?.

Why?

If you think you can achieve better results when you increase signal coming into the house then you're wrong m8.
The signal will be set by the engineer depending on how far you live from the drop.
The outputs are allocated like this, A feed which has a high signal output will be given to a house furthest as the long cable required will have more attenuation (signal loss).
If you have installed more boxes within you're house yourself then you will probably need to increase it

Also

Is there a way of getting fast broadband?

regards

Yeah,

Pay for it. lol

Last edited:
I have no signal and quality from my virgin feed this is as of 04/12/2010 ive tried everything could anyone help me

Kama2k you have asked that question here , please don't multipost the same question over and over in the forums, give a chance for people to answer and help.

Back