********techkings security issue**********

hi,

I got a spam email today to the account I registered in techkings, it addressed me by my PASSWORD instead of using my name. As in "Hi *password*" and that was it.
The password is completely unique and could have only been got by hacking an account. I haven't used this email/password combination for any other website.

Major attention is needed to access the scale of this attack!

Dan

Do you think it was a forgot password email, maybe someone tried to login to their account and put your username in by mistake?

Do you think it was a forgot password email, maybe someone tried to login to their account and put your username in by mistake?

No definitely not, it was written like this.

Hi **password**,
- and some random numbers down here.

No one could possibly know that password unless it was got from a login, it's a totally bogus word that i made up word.

yes boss man might like a copy to see what happening,hopefully not deleted yet.

i would also run virus and malware on pc to be safe.

Google translate can't make sense of the writing

---------- Post Merged at 01:16 AM ----------

The email address it came from was total bulls**t too..
I've trend micro on the pc so no worries in that department.

Attachments

• 2016-02-13 01.00.43.jpg
    2016-02-13 01.00.43.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 52
hi,

I got a spam email today to the account I registered in techkings, it addressed me by my PASSWORD instead of using my name. As in "Hi *password*" and that was it.
The password is completely unique and could have only been got by hacking an account. I haven't used this email/password combination for any other website.

Major attention is needed to access the scale of this attack!

Dan

Hi Dan,

Can you send ME a Screenshot of the email showing it was sent by us ending @techkings.org, which shows your password for your account username. I would like proof.

Please send it from the email address you are registered here with.

To send me a message CLICK HERE.

To note, this is the only report of this we have had out of nearly 100.000 Members.

Many thanks.

-HT.

its is probably highly likely the problem is actually on your own device/computer.

whether you think you are protected or not with trend micro. I would run all the following on your computer.

CCleaner. Clear all the temporary junk files and clear your browser cache
malwarebytes - anti malware
ADW cleaner - cleare out any browser hacks like search bars and malicious addons.
ComboFix 16.2.9.1

Do a full scan with trend micro on your computer.
Then also run the online version of trend micro. Trend micro house call.

I would also run similar apps on your phone.
Avast anti virus
ccleaner
malware bytes

I run Norton Internet Security plus IObit Malware Fighter Pro, CCleaner pro, IObit Driver Booster Pro and SUMo (Software Update Monitor) to keep my system clean and stable ensuring I spend time atleast once a week updating/cleaning/checking my system

I would be surprised if it was a hack from here as the forum script encrypts the password before storing it in the database and then when you log in it encrypts the password you have typed in and compares that to what is in the database. I'm not saying it can't be decrypted though.

I would be surprised if it was a hack from here as the forum script encrypts the password before storing it in the database and then when you log in it encrypts the password you have typed in and compares that to what is in the database. I'm not saying it can't be decrypted though.

You do realise this was almost a year ago and nothing came out of it?

I was just reading this post. I think this guy was just a sham full of flim flam. And then he ran. As fast as he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oops, not sure how I stumbled on it LOL

Didn't mean to resurrect an old thread sorry

I can but try. I don't people who try and discredit a great forum with pure lies. Where's the proof or is he a spoof. He's took it on his hoof.

I can but try. I don't people who try and discredit a great forum with pure lies. Where's the proof or is he a spoof. He's took it on his hoof.

Glad im not písséd, never be able to translate some of these lol

Back