Technical help required, possibly - set up of Vu Zero

CDizzle

A friend of mine recently got a vu zero box (same as i have) so i added his line and skin, set up epg and ABM. I carried all this out in my house, it was working perfectly when connected to my homeplugs. He gets it back to his house, connects everything up but only the free channels are working. I'm calling to his house later on to try and sort the issue but is the most likely issue something to do with the homeplugs?

hi,
if he is also using homeplugs he has to use them on a loop eg both upstairs or both downstairs ...

Server will probably notice two separate IP address's used for the same line, and turn the original one off.
just a thought...

You should be able to use the box anywhere you like as long as two different IP addresses
are not connected at the same time, if it's working in your house the internet connection is a good start point.

Try a network test on the box.

Menu - Setup -System - Network - Device Setup - Network Test

if he is also using homeplugs he has to use them on a loop eg both upstairs or both downstairs ...

Ultimately the whole ring main for the house is connected to a common buzz bar in the main distribution board
so it will work upstairs or downstairs

Back