1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 Plus remote required

Discussion in 'Technomate Discussions' started by FrozenFlash, Feb 1, 2017.

1. FrozenFlash

FrozenFlash Member

I have one of these boxes: Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR TRIPLE TUNER Combo 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C Receiver

I've only owned it for about 4 months but all of the buttons surrounding the OK button, and the bottom left corner TV button have become very difficult to register. I click them but nothing happens unless I firmly hold them down for a few seconds. I've tried new batteries but it didn't help. Other buttons appear to work fine. Has anybody else had a similar issue, and is it easy to fix?

Failing a fix, I need a new remote. I can't find the same one (picture in the link above) anywhere. Does anybody know how to source one?
    My worry is buying a replacement and the same thing happening if it's a common issue. In this case, will a universal remote such as a Logitech Play work for my purposes?

Thanks

2. gibbletts

gibbletts TK Veteran

I would have a go at getting a replacement from where you bought It, should last more than 4 months

3. Tonystark7

Tonystark7 Member

Have you sorted a replacement ?

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...mate-TM-Nano-Universal-Learner-Remote-Control

4. SueinItaly

SueinItaly Member

My remote control for the same box is now giving exactly the same problems as you have described. It is 7 months old. The company I bought the box from (strangely the same company as the link above trying to get a new sale!!) takes the view that the user is obviously at fault. If you do send it back to them they will say it is still working and charge you to return it. I have been in contact directly with Technomate and they won't ship a new one until the original is returned. This obviously leaves the box unusable until you get the new one. So, what do you do? Buy a new one to cover while you are waiting? Why should that make you pay more? There are so many faults with this box, but now I am so tempted to just junk the lot and buy a box that doesn't make me swear at it every single day. As for a Universal replacement, I can't get my Bose speaker remote to work with the box. The code that Technomate supply doesn't register with the Bose universal remote, so it is quite possible it won't work with other ones. I got no help from Technomate tech support on that problem either. Yet another reason to get rid of it.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  5. kegnkiwi

kegnkiwi Member

Sue the box can be used I believe without the remote. Have you ever logged into the box's webif? This is done by putting you box's ip address into your computers/phones browser (example 192.168.0.3) and it should give access to the box and enable you to turn the channels over.

6. Tonystark7

Tonystark7 Member

Just replaced Remote, Ok and TV button stopped working..

Got to agree the remotes are very poor quality.

Shame as the box has preformed very well.