The basics

discostu28

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to this, I'm gonna get rid of current satellite provider and I'm interested the whole cardsharing gift idea. I've been doing quite a lot research on the internet about satellite receivers, servers, cccam, c line, n line and I was hoping you's could put me right on some of the following points.

- I've just purchased a vu+ duo 2, I should have it in a day or so, it comes with openvix, does openvix have the blue menu like on s*y?

- with regard to servers, is there a way I can connect direct to a server, I keep reading that people supply gifts and then they go off. Also if you buy a gift do you actually get a card or do you get a code to input into your receiver?

- I know this probably really basic for most of you but what is cccam and mccamd, how they work and what is the difference between the two of them.

I like to think I'm a quick learner with computers and the sort so I hope I can take all info and put to good use.
Any help on these points would be greatly appreciated, if it's on replies to this thread or even just pointing me in the right direction to other threads.

bloody hell new to this but not green getting an excellent duo2.

think you can get blue menu added .+ others

i would suggest to get a nline and use mgcamd 1.38.

you request a nline to use with mgcamd in the sat request section
if you have vm and box has cable tuners request in the cable section.

a line is like a roadmap to server for box to open locked channels.
cccam and mgcamd are the tools needed to open locked channels.

bees has a lovely tut in the cable section for setting up enigma2 receiver you will like like it.

Nice post m8.And box.Seems youve done some homework youll be fine round here.I think blue HD skin is in plugins menu on the box (Maybe wrong).If not All you need is here and easily added to the box.Once with a server you receive no card but a code/file to add to the box via ftp(flash fxp)or similar.
c line is from a CCcam server
n line is from a Newcamd server

Newcamd takes advantage of cached ecm's too enable faster channel zapping and requesting less fresh ecms
CCcam is an older cam, still very good but can sometimes cause the occasional freezing with N lines

if a receiver supports MGcamd this is always the best option for an n line because it takes advantage of the cache benefits for a smoother better performance

cs101

While any amateur server builder can establish a CCCam server, a professional knowledge is required for a MGCamd system to be structured.Nline/Mgcamd is the way to go in my eyes.
As cactikid says check out Bees tut it is spot on;)

Morning,
cheers for the heads up, just read that tutorial and it's really informative.

Sorry another little question, people offer a 'test line' so I take once I've downloaded mgcamd 1.38, input the test line where I would normally put the n line? I would then get a 24hr trial, if I liked it I would then pay a subscription of some sort and get an n line for either 1 month, 3 months, or a year then input this into mgcamd 1.38 and I'm good to go.

Here is a link to the guide

If you have a combo,(sat and cable) box follow the guide.

If you have twin sat, ignore the cable parts and configure the two sat tuners the same way.

Thanks bees for the tutorial thread, I've just went through it, I found it really informative.

:anyonethere:another point I was hoping to get assistance on was on test lines? Once I have downloaded Mgcamd 1.38, do I input a test line where you would normally input an n line. Then if decide to get a gift for a month, 3 months, or year do I then have to go back into Mgcamd 1.38 and input the n line that would give me a more permanent service?

thanks in advance for your help on this.

The test will more than likely be an Nline.You just ftp to usr/keys and edit the newcamd.list file.Then if your happy you will get a permanent line and just overwrite the test/edit the newcamd.list in user/keys.

If you are happy with the test line a server has supplied, you usually just keep the same line and extend it
for what ever period you want, I have had a line in my box over three years and I just extend it as required.

If you are shopping around different servers you will need to just put the active line you are using in the newcamd.list file
and delete the old one.

Hi guys,

I'm having issues!

I started to set up my box today, it has openvix on it and I believe I followed bees tutorial to the letter minus the cable part however I believed I'd input the test line right however when I go onto a sports channel it's just a blank screen. I used FileZilla, uploaded the 2 files, I used mgcamd 1.38.
Is there anything else I need to be doing?

Please help

Cheers,
Disco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back