The big world.

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
I really dislike the nerve of some companies out there. Last year I attended an assessment day for an industrial placement at Company A. I didn't do too well and did not progress to the interview stage. A year later applying for as a graduate at Company A, an external recruiting agency had sent e-mails out to those who attended last year but left me out on purpose. Through 4 different means I've applied for the job at Company A, but on all 4 different occasions I have been ignored.

I'm not annoyed that I haven't been asked to attend. I'm annoyed that they won't just give me a straight answer and tell me they don't want me there instead of ignoring me. It's worse keeping a graduate waiting for a reply than telling him/her no sorry we don't have a job for you here or you don't fit our requirements.

This is just the way of the world Dan, doesn't matter if you are a graduate or not, you should at the very least recieve an E-mail/letter to say "thanks, but no thanks". Some companies just can't be bothered with that as they have so many people applying for so few positions that they think they can treat you how they like.

Ah yeah totally Wheelo, applies to all people and not just graduates. I was pretty winded up when making my original post.

eh well...what do you know, since some of the applicants dropped out. I finally receive an answer and I'm no longer being ignored. Have an assessment centre on Friday. Guess I get another shot. (y)

eh well...what do you know, since some of the applicants dropped out. I finally receive an answer and I'm no longer being ignored. Have an assessment centre on Friday. Guess I get another shot. (y)

Best of luck with it Dan ;) (y)

Right folks. It went better than expected. There was 8 of us altogether, did not know anybody there. We were accessed in groups for around 3 hours. 4 of us were then asked to leave, as the other remaining 4 made it to the interview. Luckily, I made it to the interview (unlike last year I was asked to leave). Each of us remaining candidates spent around 40 minutes with the technical director, but it was done one at a time. I was last so had to wait around 3 hours.

It was my first ever interview and I think I performed relatively well. There were some questions that I did not know the answer too. Me being clean I was just honest and said I didn't know the answer rather than trying to BS my way in. Probably not a good tactic I know, but didn't want it to seem that I was lieing through my teeth.

Anyway, bottom line is that they have 2 places to offer. So out of us 4, 2 will be chosen. Waiting for that phone call on Monday to see how it went. Fingers crossed. (y)

If I don't get the job it's cool. I've not really got my fingers crossed to be fair, I'll just take it as it comes. :)

I can't believe it!! I didn't ever think a rant could turn into something else. I got the job! Can't believe it! So happy!! (y)

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. (y)

Definitely. I'm glad I blew off some steam by starting this thread, or I might have made a mistake of declining them altogether. ROFL

Back